Gifts From The Lord

Go down

Gifts From The Lord

Post  crusader17 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:49 am

It has come to my attention that there have been some on this list who question the origin or reliability of the various powers, or “edges” as I believe they’ve come to be called, that we receive upon being imbued by the Messengers. While my faith in my Savior and the sword he has given me has kept me from suffering some of the same doubts as others evidently have, I felt it only my duty to share what I have learned from conversations with other imbued about our various edges. Perhaps they will put some of the uncertain more at ease with their new lives and their identities that they may better serve the Lord because of it.
First of all, we must as a whole admit that we are now capable of things beyond the potential of our fellow humans, if we are to become comfortable enough to develop them to the fullest. Note that I say our fellow humans, for while we have certainly been blessed we are clearly still different from the godless monsters we know as our enemies - after all, we appear entirely normal to our very own second sight, which discerns even the slightest taint of the supernatural around us. What more proof could we desire? So to those who claim that we have merely been lowered to the level of our enemies, or that the Heralds are only loaning us the weapons of the monsters to use against them, I say to you: Behold the evidence of your own senses, and be silent!
Second, we must realize that the Lord has granted each of us different talents, assigning them as best suits our own souls and the role he has ordained for us in this crusade. Some wield the flaming swords of the archangels, while others have the healing touch of the saints, and still more are visited by the visions and passions of the prophets. And these are but the simple gifts given to those who bear the Cross - I have heard rumors of those who could unleash holy fire upon those abominations deserving judgment, or even blessed imbued that could purge a creature of all taint forever. I will not trouble you with the list I have been compiling of the various blessings the Lord has bestowed on our kind, though I will be happy to share it with any who ask; suffice it to say that though the enemy we face is mighty in its aspect, so too has the Lord armed His soldiers with the means to triumph over any obstacle.
Lastly, to those who are concerned about the permanency of our gifts, I say this:
So long as the imbued who called upon was resolute in her determination, I have never once seen the Lord’s blessing fail to materialize. Sadly, it was not always enough to turn aside the tide of darkness, but the edge itself never failed so long as the faith in it held fast. And as for the compassionate ones who think ahead to a time after the war is over and the evil is banished forever, and who worry about whether we will simply use our power to replace the monsters as the new tyrants, I praise them for their concern. But they need not worry, for when the war is over the Lord shall surely relieve us of our burden, and that includes such weapons as were meant to use against the wicked alone.
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gifts From The Lord

Post  rigger111 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Okay, I really need to ask...

Are you for real? Can we maybe tone it down with the Sunday Baptist Minister shit just a skootch?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:14 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: gifts from the lord

I have a problem with believing that our abilities came from God. If they did I sincerely doubt people like Rigger would have been "blessed". Beyond the fact of "why now?" It's pretty obvious that monsters have been around for generations. I questioned one leech who stated he had died the first time over 100 years ago. I have no reason to doubt what it said. I think the more logical explanation is that alien visitors noticed our abuse from monstrous forces. Perhaps they had a similar problem on their home planet and want to aid us with ours or maybe they have just been watching and felt that we needed some help. Either way, I am going to take the gifts that I have been given and protect those who are unable to defend themselves.
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Soldier, you've touted this "benevolant alien visitors" theory before and it still sounds as ridiculous as ever.

Let us look at the facts.

Our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life and spilled his blood so that we might have life eternal, sin free. Vampires steal blood so that they may live an eternal debased life of sin. Wheras Christ sought to remove sin, these creatures exist on a veritable buffet of iniquity. Vampires are destroyed by the sun. The sun represents Christ. When Christ was crucified the sun went dark. It is a scientific fact that the sun gives life to the earth. This is why sunlight hurts vampires - they are death made flesh wheras Christ, the sun, is life made flesh.

Vampires display animalistic features - catlike eyes, the ability to change into a bat or a wolf. This is an outward sign of the Beast. Satan has always been associated with animals - something that goes all the way back to the serpent in the Garden. Human beings - who the Bible tells us are made in God's own image - have free will and can choose between good and evil. Satan and the other fallen have no such choice. Like animals they are governed by no moral agency. Evil is their only choice.

These are the facts. This is the truth.
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm

subject: re: gifts from the lord

I highly suggest you look up the word "fact" in a dictionary. You may find that your Holy Roller chicanery is something more akin to another word: "fiction".

As a caveat, I will say that so long as you are effective at excising the cancer, I do not care what you wish to interpret the Call as. So long as you do not make the mistake of using your religious dogma or science fiction melodrama in a way that will mislead Chosen. That would be an agredious error requiring rectificaion.

The only truth is that we have become the Hunters, and they are now the Prey.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 am

> Soldier, you've touted this "benevolant alien visitors" theory before and it still sounds
> as ridiculous as ever.

Mister Pot, meet Mister Kettle.

He sure as fuck is ridiculous. Then again, Reverend Fuckface, so are you. I mean, shit... connecting beasts to Satan because they look alike? What the fuck do you know about how Satan looks? You've actually seen Old Splitfoot in the proverbial flesh? Or are you just like every other bible-thumping dickhead and are just making assumptions and calling them fact because the rubes don't know how to ask the HARD questions?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: gifts from the lord

I will not pretend to have "facts" that prove that I am right and that visitors gifted us with our powers, but it makes a lot more sense than it being God. I would like to believe if their was a God, he would have stepped in long before the enemy got such a strong foothold in our world.
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:45 am

Let me add my two cents to this conversation...

Although I am not particularly religious, I can only hope that whoever gave us these abilities did so for the Greater Good, be it a gift from God, or aliens... If it was God, then the probably reason why He didn't interfer before is because humanity didn't deserve it, or were making no effort to help themselves. If it was aliens, I'd personally like to meet them and set my dog on them for allowing me to know that my sister hasn't just become another runaway!

I have to agree with rigger on this one - you two are as bad as each other. Who really needs to know how or why this has happened? I just want to know how to deal with them!

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 am

Gifts from God huh?
If so, either God put mine in the post late or didn't know one of His sons very well at all.
My imbuing only served to alianate me from what I now know I had to protect. By the time I had come to terms with it I was too late to prevent the harm it had attempted to warn me against.
God has never seen fit to bless me with anything, only to take away what I have and then show me these damned "visions" of how ruined the world is, while seemingly mocking my inablity to do anything. I ask you: we see monsters and horror. Have you seen one angel? If our eyes are opened then they are opened and smeared with dirt and chained to the floor. Not once can we raise our eyes and see some light. But then, I am not worthy of light if I can't even help the one thing that would have given my life a meaning.

I respect your faith, I do. Any that can hold the light of faith in his heart in these times is worthy of respect. But my advice: when things turn to shit don't waste your time praying. Run or fight.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Por amor de dios!

Post  cabbie22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

Oh great. Our "mysterious stranger" is also an angsty poet...

I'll ask again - do you have anything worth sharing?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:15 am

LadyV468 wrote:Who really needs to know how or why this has happened? I just want to know how to deal with them!

Some common sense at last, lady. Any idea of what you're up against yet?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Subject: re: gifts from the lord

> God has never seen fit to bless me with anything, only to take away what I have and then show me these
> damned "visions" of how ruined the world is, while seemingly mocking my inablity to do anything.
> I ask you: we see monsters and horror. Have you seen one angel? If our eyes are opened then
> they are opened and smeared with dirt and chained to the floor. Not once can we raise our eyes and see some light.

I see light all the time. In fact, I have edges which can generate it. It comes from what I feel is the purity of our purpose. Hope is the true purpose we serve--bringing a sense to humanity as a whole that the world can be better if we just strive to make it so. I believe not just our edges, but the contact from the Messengers as well, is determined by our own personal beliefs. The more we indulge in misery or violence, the more violent our edges and thus our purpose becomes.

Although I prefer to look with a logical approach to the Mission and to what the Messengers are, many among us have claimed to see angels. Oracle171 is most prominent among those, having claimed that the Messenger comes to her int he form of a beautiful white-garbed angel of the light at times.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 pm

There is a reason I get no light from my "edges" if that is what you call them.

It is a matter of perspective.
I've never seen an Angel appear to me.
I seem to get my messages from random spurts of inspiration.
It is how I found this site. I was trawling the net looking for something soild.
I had all the site names down. A tangled mess of blogs and fansites. I looked and looked and just saw a pattern. Like from the tangled mess I saw how all the parts fit. It was like a mechine.
I started to brainstorm and before I knew it, I had found this web address and typed it.

I can't understand it.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:57 am

cabbie22 wrote:Some common sense at last, lady. Any idea of what you're up against yet?

Not completely sure, but I'm getting there.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 am

> The more we indulge in misery or violence, the more violent our edges and thus our purpose becomes.

I got a monkeywrench for your theory here, Sunshine.

I'll admit, I'm pretty damn violent when I deal with a monster. I don't have any inhibitions for blowing the motherfucker's head clean off after kneecapping it, curb stomping the fucker and maybe even running it down with a car a few times, no matter what it is.

So... How come my tricks aren't all about fire and darkness? I got what I call the "Blowback", which is an invisible force that pushes monsters away from me. I got fucking truly AWESOME healing powers... I can fix a bullet wound in about three days. And I got this sweet thing I can do where I put a mark on a monster so that any imbued who sees it can tell what I think about the fucker. None of these are flashy. So what's my deal, if you're so smart? Cuz I sure as fuck ain't no bleeding heart pussy like you are, Sweetcakes. And the only time I was ever in a church was when I needed to drop a load and it was the only place in twenty miles with a public bathroom.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 am

I love you rigger! Always sharp and to the point!

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:03 am

Indeed. I must admit envy at not being blessed with the powers to bring pain to those who deserve it. I suppose it's the part we must play.
The fact you seem to enjoy your part is beyond the point!

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

subject: re: Gifts of the Lord

Some posit that edges are attuned to various elements, and that it has nothing to do with the nature by which you pursue the Mission.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Elements?
As in the classic theory of what makes the world (earth-fire-wind-water...or Fire-Wood-Water-Earth-Metal depending on belief).
Or a chemical solution?
I have heard "ghosts of the web" discussing "Humans with Pyshic Powers" which to non-embude might be an explaination to the edges.

Please explain a little bit.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:35 am

Subject: re: Gifts From The Lord

I'm not even going to pretend to know what the deal is with our edges. All I know is that I got a job to do, and I do it for the people. People alot of us look down on... we call them The Blind, or Pylons, or The Defenseless. There's alot of good folks out there... working folks who need a break. I can give them a break, and I don't care where I got the power to do it. Maybe it was just the fact that I give a shit that made the Messengers Call me, or maybe it was that I was at the right place at the right time. I don't know, and to be honest, I'm afraid to ask. Either way, I don't expect I'll get me an answer, so I ain't gonna ask.

All that matters in the end is that people need us. We're doing a good thing here, and we need to stay true to that. That's where I get my hope. That's where I get my will to keep looking at rotting faces and bloodbaths. I just keep reminding myself that folks out there need this job done, and I can really do it.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm

I admit there is much truth there.
I'm starting to see reason in all this. I mean, its like I have this damn flawed body and until now didn't really know of a world outside my little area of the city.
But the visions I am getting are so vivid, its like my mind has become fed up with just sitting here and is breaking free. Sounds insane I know but that is how it feels.
That said some of them are horrific, like waking nightmares. And I can't say "its just a dream" because I know somewhere it just happened or is about to.
But after each nightmare I just take it as a sign that there is something very wrong with the world and maybe we have the tools to fix it.
I just wish I could direct them a little more, they seem random sometimes.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:15 am

subject: re: Gifts of the Lord

Classical elements. Earth, Air, Water and Fire in specific. Some feel that Earth is represented by the powers of "the light" that Bookworm mentions. Water would be represented by the variety of healing and restorative powers. Fire is self-explanatory: Cleave, Brand (what I call Rigger's "Mark of Shame" edge), Crusader17's "Smolder"... the list is rather extensive, I've noted. And Air is represented by the powers of the mind that many of us possess, such as the ability to see the weaknesses of our enemies or glean snippets of the future. Those who ascribe to this theory are thinking metaphorically and allegorically moreso than literally.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down