Can any of you guys help?

Go down

Can any of you guys help?

Post  LadyV468 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:54 am

Right, been doing some investigations into my sister's disappearance. I lost half of my companions (stupid, whiney creatures) but I at least know who I can trust. My brother is helping all he can, but we have since seen the smelly guy in question.

Do any of these things that we noticed add up to anything in particular to the more experienced people out there? I still don't have a clue as to what it is I'm up against.

- He smells metallic - it was different to where we were somehow, supernatural even.
- He freaked out my companions and that's how I lost half of them.
- My brother held my hand tight enough to cut off the circulation in my fingers, he was that scared.
- The hairs on the back of my neck tingled and he tried to do something to me, but it didn't work - would me having my eyes shut be the reason?
- The moments I did have my eyes open, he was passing me and he seemed to have a shadowy 'thing' or effect following him, but I can't be sure due to my limitations, as it were.
- When we were not looking for a moment, he seemed to disappear altogether and we haven't seen him since.

I am confused as hell about this, but the strangest thing of all is that he didn't lay a hand on us, even though we were only inches away from him. I have no idea why he let us leave unharmed. It makes me a little afraid.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can any of you guys help?

Post  cabbie22 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:18 am

Most normal folks tend to freak out in the presence of the monsters - that doesn't point to anything specific. However, I'm confused. I thought you said you were blind? 'cos you mention "seeing" the monster. What gives sister?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 am

I am...well, registered blind at any rate. Past two inches, all I see is light and dark, nothing more and beyond three foot...let's just say I might as well not bother...The guy got pretty close.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:48 am

My brother told me what he saw at any rate.

Oh, and a few other things I've remembered recently...

- My guide dog was caught between protecting me and sticking her tail between her legs and scarpering...
- I heard him hit something...it was hard, but it splintered with the impact. That is simply not right...he was a little too strong, even for a monster.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Can Any of You Guys Help?

> - He smells metallic - it was different to where we were somehow, supernatural even.

Some folks get hints fromt he Messengers that aren't just sight. Since you can't see too well, chances are you're getting hints from them dealing with your other senses.

> - He freaked out my companions and that's how I lost half of them.

This happens alot when we bring Bystanders into a hunt or when Defenseless get caught in the middle. Somehow, their minds just cant deal with what we see. We got the Sight to protect us, but they got nothing. So when they see a monster, they freak the hell out.

> - My brother held my hand tight enough to cut off the circulation in my fingers, he was that scared.

Not everyone is built for confronting. Your brother was really brave. If he was that scared, he should have bolted. But he stuck it out. Props to him. The monster might have had some kind of emotion thing it did to make him more scared, or it may just have been the fact that it was a monster. There's really not enough to go on to decide more.

> - The hairs on the back of my neck tingled and he tried to do something to me, but it didn't work - would me
> having my eyes shut be the reason?

Maybe. Some monsters can create hallucinations. More likely, it was the power of the Second Sight. Whatever lets us see monsters for what they are also allows us some kind of protection from their powers. It's not that strong, and we need to really concentrate in order to get that protection from mind fucks and stuff, but we do have it.

> - The moments I did have my eyes open, he was passing me and he seemed to have a shadowy 'thing' or effect
> following him, but I can't be sure due to my limitations, as it were.

I think you might be dealing with a ghost of some sort. Shadowy effects following people usually means a possessor.

> the strangest thing of all is that he didn't lay a hand on us, even though we were only inches away from him.

Ticket312 and Nurse216 talk about this edge they got which allows them to sort of be invisible to monsters. They call it "Hide". Maybe that's what kept you from being detected. There's also a well-known edge that folks call alot of different things- "The Bubble", "Forcefield", "Blockback", "Ward" and "The Wall", mostly. It creates a shield that sometiems is invisible, but always stops monsters from getting close.

Or... the monster might have something else in mind for you. If that's the case, Heaven help you. You're in for a very scary ride trying to figure out what it wants and how to either avoid becoming it's tool or getting it what it wants so it will go in peace.

Any way you cut it though... this sounds like an extremely old and strong possessor to me. It could be just about anything though. My suggestion is to have your brother hit the local library and get some books on supernatural stories, urban legends and witchcraft to do some research. In the process, you put the internet t use by looking up stuff like that. Be careful though. You got to assume the monster saw you. That means you're gonna have trouble at some point.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah, already doing that now...and yes, I'm assuming he saw us...and the dog...

What the Hell have I gotten myself into?

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Nothing is unbeatable.

I too will hit the google searchs.

Though frankly it seems..clumsy. When you talk about it, I get the impression of a large, lumbering brute that gives off evil feelings but seems oblivious to the world around it. I mean, if you used a bubble or something then it would have done more then sulk off, it would have shown a reaction to being repelled. I don't know I am getting a really messed up tingly feeling behind my eyes, it happens sometimes when my mind is trying to show me something.

As I said, i will look on a few of my used sources. There is a bonus to rarely going out!

If you need to bail I am sure we will do what we can. Good luck, our thoughts are with you.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Why can't I shake the feeling I'm missing something? Why is the sound of metal being bent and splintered stuck in my head? What have I done to deserve this?!

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Maybe the fucking thing can possess objects too? Bent and busted metal could mean that it made itself a body out of shit that was laying around.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 pm

I sure hope not, rigger...but I'm in a heck of a lot more trouble than I thought if that is true. So far, all research has lead us to dead ends, so to speak, but we continue. I have to know. I have to stop it, whatever it is. It's done enough damage now; I just want it to stop.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:53 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Can Any of You Guys Help?

A word for word description of events from your brother would be helpful here. Visual cues seem to be a major part of successfully identifying a given enemy.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down