Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search and Destroy

+3
digger481
god45
Buck413
7 posters

Go down

Search and Destroy Empty Search and Destroy

Post  Buck413 Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: Search and Destroy

I've succeeded in attracting the attention of Imbued close to my location. The good news is that I've been able to put together a list of targets in close proximity to my location: the current number of targets I have located within my town, or in and around it's borders totals 18 at the present time.

Currently, our most clear and present danger (I'm putting priority upon targets that have known to have murdered civillians, and also those that are commonly found in close proximity to civillians) is an abandoned building that is inhabited by a confirmed total of 5 targets I have designated as "Rots," looking through the archives of this list.

My platoon's first incursion into enemy territory has confirmed a body count of 4 "Rot" targets, meaning that we have at least 1 remaining target that has gone AWOL. Although, our 4 confirmed kills didn't match the description of the 5 "Rots" that had been sighted, leading me to beleive there may be further targets in the same location.

I take it from Rigger that shotguns and any other ordanance that inflict heavy trauma are effective, and I gather from what Crusader says that fire may be effective also. Are there any other confirmed weaknesses of Rots?

Buck

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Search and Destroy Empty Re: Search and Destroy

Post  god45 Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 am

subject: re: Search and Destroy

Explosives. Acid. Decapitation, in the case of v_mp_r_s. Blunt trauma, such as from shotgun blasts or high caliber firearms, can only stun or temporarily incapacitate a rot. You must either burn the corpse to cinders or reduce it to component materials (dissolution in acid or high pressure water) in order to completely end its existence.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:47 am

Hypothetically, were a rot to be incapacitated rather than killed outright, would it stop looking wrong?

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:43 pm

subject: re: Search and Destroy

No. They are always wrong, and in most cases their illusions of health or normalcy disappear.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Search and Destroy

Concerning the advice to "burn it to the ground":

I highly caution against such absolute destruction. There is more than one anecdote of a hunter who does such actions only to find out that they destroyed important clues which could have saved themselves and others. Exhaust all possible avenues first. Scorched earth is only the solution when you have absolutely, completely run out of every other possible avenue of inquiry or attack. I'd like to emphasize that I do, indeed, include communication as part of the course of action.

Concerning Digger481's question:

No, I'm sorry but the only "monster" that reverts to 'normal' upon death is the unfortunate victim of a possessing spirit. Even the corpses of flickers and rots appear 'off' or "wrong" or give that strange sickly buzzing sensation that the Second Sight provides as a warning to us. Ash and putrefied tissues do not, but intact corpses do. Which is why many Imbued will burn corpses to ash, without even considering that the utter destrution of the corpse also covers their tracks by disposing of evidence. Many also practice this immolation on a corpse which is engaged in unnatural putrefication as well, just on principle.

Mind you, when I say "unnatural putrefication", I mean that what would seem to be a normal, healthy mortal body suddenly begins to decompose over the course of a few minutes before your very eyes. Shamblers, Walkers and The Hidden all decompose at a normal rate once they are made inert, but Bloodsuckers tend towards a trend of rapid decay. It's not like in the movies where the body turns to ash when you put the stake through the heart.

Doctor119 theorizes that the second Sight provides us with some form of "potential guage" that allows to see if a given subject has at one time been affected directly by the supernatural as well as allowing us to actually detect current supernatural influence and activity. So if a body was animated at one time, we see it. That sort of thing. It seems to be for short duration only, but it is a documented phenomena.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum450 Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Have you ever known one type to become another?

For instance if you take out a rot can it then become a gh**t? With little idea of how these things come into existence how do we know what creates each type? Could there be a sequence like caterpillar, cocoon and moth?

Magnum450
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I am not sure that can happen. From my diggings, G***st are souls, and monsters tend to lack them. But who knows, its not unlikely that a human based monster (war_ock) can become a more unearthly one.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:00 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Search and Destroy

> Have you ever known one type to become another?

> For instance if you take out a rot can it then become a gh**t? With little idea of how these things come into
> existence how do we know what creates each type? Could there be a sequence like caterpillar, cocoon and moth?

It's not some growth type thing. Ghosts can animate bodies and become shamblers and walkers that way.

For any of you who may doubt my level of certainty, I got two words for you:

New
Dijon

Those few of us who are still alive that were there can tell you for a fact that we damn well saw possessors and ghosts straight fucking right grabbing whatever flesh and blood body they could find. It did not matter if the body was alive, dead, intact or a partial. They dove into the poor bastards and they walked them around like puppets on strings or like meat suits.

And they didn't stop at just bodies either. They went after vehicles and weapons and all other manner of objects. There were hundreds of the things, and every one of them tried like hell to find something to hold them in our world. Ask Oracle171 and Soldier91... they were there. I can't be sure who else was, but those two I know about specifically.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum