V_mp_re Hunting 101

Go down

V_mp_re Hunting 101

Post  Buck413 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:29 am

A target has attacked one of my troops, which we have been able to confirm is a v_mp_re.

I'm organising a preemptive strike before the thing attempts the same thing again, but any recommendations on suitable weaponry would be appretiated.

Thanks.
Buck.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: V_mp_re Hunting 101

Post  Penemue574 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:10 am

If you can find where it would make it's lair, then killing it would be easy.
I know a thing or two about avoiding sunlight! I would say underground, BUT if I was one, I wouldn't hide somewhere so expected. I would have a room, with thick curtains, taped to the walls. If you see any houses where curtains appear to be just a single sheet then you have a target. That's probably silly advice but just in case you spot it.

Reading into the Vamp mythos from other hunters and history, I can say garlic and Crosses don't do anything (that is a western myth) The only "myth" that pervades is that the removal of the head or heart will end them.

Of course, fire is common in all regions where vampire myths spread about. I can't argue with shotguns, even if the weapon itself may do nothing, the knock back will buy you seconds in which to co-ordinate. There was a thread about the best way to kill them, but I think you can't go wrong if you burn it, blast it to bits and scatter the remains.

Good luck

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:14 am

If only it were that simple, Penemue. Remember, all targets of which we speak are better than us in so many ways, but we have the edge to survive. Chances are, the target will expect what you trying to do, so make sure you are prepared for everything, Buck. It may have mortal allies of some sort or slaves which it may use as cannon fodder.

I'm not pretending to be an expert on v_mp_res, but I know how evil creatures behave.

Good luck, Buck.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If you go down to the woods today...

Post  Magnum450 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:31 pm

You imply that some of the myths around dealing with v---ps have merit and others are useless. What about dealing with g----s. I have a few bodies which I burnt and a few large suspected resting places. Would a blessing or holy water or similar on those resting places have any effect?

Magnum450
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 pm

I've never met a g----s, but again, their mythos is based on objects they are linked too.

And my Lady, I would never underestimate a monster. But their is no such thing as a perfect plan, and sometimes their monstrous desires blind them to flaws. Ref: Riggers monologist.
Just have to keep a cool head, an open eye and the guts to take a risk when you see a chance.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: Tools of the Trade

Firearms with excessive stopping power are useful. High caliber handguns such as the .357, .454 and .45 automatics are best if you can handle them. If not, shotguns using solid slug ammunition or 30.06 hunting rifles used from range. Suppression fire can be useful as well, but requires a source for excess amounts of bullets, so avoid submachine guns such as the MP5 or Ingram MAC-10. If you have access to one, however, then make certain you are accurate. Bullets of a low caliber do not make large holes. Large holes are the key to putting a v_mp_r_ down long enough for you to behead or burn it.

I am going to assume you do not have access to large caliber assault weapons such as the M16, M4, AK-47, FAMAS, or CAR-15. Those would serve little use to most hunters anyway, as many are not trained in their proper use.

Wooden stakes are effective at close range in case you want to capture and interrogate one of the monsters. Stakes do not kill. You should temporarily incapacitate the beast before Staking it using firearms or heavy bludgeoning weapons.

Molotov cocktails (Gasoline, Kerosene or high-proof liquor in a glass jar with a cloth wick) and other incendiary devices are effective. A simple "Bathtub Napalm" can be made from mixing styrofoam cups and common high-test gasoline. Add mothballs for additional stickiness to the consistency. Mix in a well-ventilated area. Petroleum Jelly (Vasoline), sodium nitrate (found in garden fertilizer) and mothballs emulsified in a solution of amonia and kerosene can produce an effective plastique, but requires proper levels of each ingredient to be mixed. Find the recipe online.

Machete and common garden sickles are effective at decapitating the beast once you have subdued it. Don't bother with large weapons such as fire axes, as they are unweildy and many become tempted to use them in melee. The weapons are too slow to be functional. Large hunting knives such as a Bowie or a Kabar are effective self-defense weaponry when you're cornered. They are light, fast slashing or stabbing weapons. Go for an eye. Even a bloodsucker is going to become upset when you stab out one of its eyes. No predator ever wants to become maimed, even if it is temporary.

Gh_sts are the complete opposite. Small, fast-firing handguns can keep one at bay. It seems that spirits do not like having objects pass through them, so a smaller handgun can work to your favor. Fire is useful as a deterent or as a means to destroy their Anchors. Explosives as well. Melee weapons are completely worthless against a gh_st unless you have the specific edge "Cleave".

Understand that you cannot kill a Gh_st. They are effectively invulnerable. Shooting, stabbing or blowing them up may temporarily drive them off, but they are already dead and intangible. Nothing you can physically do to them will change that state. You have to go after the things which hold them to the world in order to defeat them.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:06 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Vampire Hunting 101

The bloodsucker info is straightforward. Nothing I can add to that.

Ghosts on the other hand, I can add to. Believe it or not, sometimes all a ghost needs is for someone to hear its story. You may not have to end it in violence. All you gotta do is sit and listen, or ask the right question, or just find that one piece of evidence that they need to tell the world. Sometimes, it's a simple matter of just delivering a message from a ghost in North Dakota to a kid in Iowa that Daddy is sorry he couldn't come home for Junior's Birthday. Yeah, ghosts are still people. They get fixated, and it keeps them walking. If you help finish their business, then sometimes you can put them out of their misery without ever having to fire a shot.

Now... the trick here is that almost all ghosts can't talk. They can mime what they want, and use oija boards or sometimes automatic writing. But speaking aloud is truly fucking rare among them. So if you're going to try the peaceful solution, then you gotta bring along a pencil and paper, or a ouija board or some thing to communicate with. I always carry a notebook with me that has a chunk of carboard that has the alphebet on it. I've had a couple of ghosts talk to me through that... they point to letters, I jot down the words as they form. It worked a couple times, even though most ghosts end up requiring you to destroy their Anchors.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen597 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

OK, so in summary for V's...

Forget the garlic, holy water etc - it might work, but no guarantees
Stakes DO work, but first use heavy ordnance and lots of it to put the fucker down first
Sever the head or burn it

All, preferably during the day.

Right?

Citizen597
New user
New user

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Mon May 18, 2009 3:05 pm

subject: re: Tools of the Trade

Yes. The reason why you hunt them during the day should be obvious: the very air around you becomes a weapon. It also allows you to escape quickly if needed. Be aware that v_mp_r_s can and often do use firearms of their own. Plan escape routes accordingly.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 on Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 pm

subject: Leeches

God, as usual, has given some good advice on how to effectively deal with a leech. I would add that distance is your friend. They are fast and they are strong. You do not want to be in hand-to-hand combat if at all possible. Fire seems to work well, if it's an option. Depending on where you fight this thing its not always a feasible solution.
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

Fuck that "no hand-to-hand" shit. Seriously, the best way to take a rot down is fire. And that means up close and personal with flares, molotovs and gasoline. Get your hands dirty. Bloodsuckers are only tough when you don't have the element of surprise, and I'll be dipped in shit and fucked like a monkey if just ATTACKING one isn't going to be surprising to almost all of these fucking things.

If you got the blowback power, or know someone who does, blodsuckers become almost too fucking easy. Why? Because the motherfuckers are ARROGANT. They think they're the absolute top of the food chain. So they instantly assume nothing can touch or ...more importantly... STOP them. I've killed more than one of these fuckers by baiting it with shit talk then hitting Blowback and watching the look of surprise as they get knocked into a fire trap I set up, or get cut in half by piano wire I strung across a doorway.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down