Advice Needed

Go down

Advice Needed

Post  candid572 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:27 am

One of this site's users, Saintm501 has become a liability.

We were in the same group, and as some of you might know we had a bit of a problem with some creatures running wild and trashing a night club and its resident vampires. A lot of people here gave us advice and we decided to sit down and chew over the situation - after all we're out numbered and out gunned here. Going in half cocked is NOT an option!

Well, Saintm501 had other ideas. He tracked down someone that he believed was in with these creatures (or at least important to them) kidnapped her and dragged her to our meeting place. This caused us all to freak out. Quite apart from the fact that we have no idea what we are up against and that they might be able to somehow track where this girl is, the sight of a terrified woman bound and gagged in the boot of Saintm501's car while he stood over her beaming with pride was simply awful.

Naturally we all told him to take her away and release her - she wasn't even wrong, and even the more militant amongst us was dead against torturing some poor girl for information on some creatures that she might not even be aware of! A huge argument resulted which ended in Saintm501 taking a beating off of one of the other group members. He took the hint, called us a "bunch of monster loving hippies" and took off.

A few days later an article showed up in the evening paper - it was a report of the girl's body being discovered. Details were sketchy but it appeared that she had died in the manner of a "gang land killing".

What do we do? He's clearly lost it but we've not got a lot of options. We can't go to the police as that will implicate us all. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this before?

candid572
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advice Needed

Post  god45 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:33 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: Liabilities

You will find yourself engaged in many distasteful activities before the Hunt claims you. I suggest you lose your squeamish inhibitions. I also suggest you explain Saintm's reasonings in detail, unless you're just here for validation for your own actions.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:19 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Liabilities

I've been where you are. Fuck... Rigger went and blasted it all over the List on me. So I know exactly how you feel.

Here's my advice- Call the cops and make an anonymous report. Do it from a payphone and keep it short. You had your chance to deal with him, and to be honest I think you handled it the best you could at the time. But it's out of your hands. You can justify killing in the heat of the moment when there's a life in the balance. The girl's dead now, and all that's left is justice. The guy committed murder, so it's the cops problem now. We don't kill our own unless we're given no choice. I don't regret what I did to Fisher, but I regret that I had to kill another human being just to save one. You don't want that on your own conscience.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  saintm501 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:13 am

Candid you fucking prick! You go to the cops and you're fucking dead!

Hell, I know where your family lives...

saintm501
New user
New user

Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am

> Hell, I know where your family lives...

I suggest a full-access banning. It would seem that this Saintm501 fellow is exactly what Candid572 claims him to be. It also seems that he may use Hunter-net as a means to keep tabs on his former allies' whereabouts and activities. Witness, we cannot allow that.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  witness1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 am

As of now Saintm501 has been banned from Hunter Net. Using this site to threaten another member directly is utterly beyond the pale of acceptable behaviour. Threatening their family (especially when all the evidence suggests that these two individuals know each other) takes this to a new level all together.

witness1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Number of posts : 10

View user profile http://www.hunter-net.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Whoa. Whoa! FUCKING WHOA!

Banning? What the fuck? Limit the fucker's usage if he's making threats and get the other guy the fuck out of town or something... but don't fucking BAN him. This place maybe full of shitheads and pylons, but it's still the only fucking support we got. Banning is just a LITTLE fucking harsh, don't you think?

This ain't some fucking gamer website where the flames roll all night and people troll the boards to get a fucking rise out of some other nerd-rage obsessed dingleball. This is fucking life and death, Witness.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I for one do not believe it matters a jot whether Saintm was involved in some kind of verbal sparring match with Candid. All of us here have seen worse confrontations between the likes of Crusader and Oracle or Traveler and Rigger. This site is the only support network available for those that have heard the calling. To cut off such a resource to a fellow imbued is callous in the extreme.

What is more disturbing than Witness' knee-jerk response to Bookworm and Candid's whining, is the propensity shown to demonise someone who is actually willing to make sacrifices for the cause. Candid clearly does not have the stomach to perform the dirtier tasks necessary to safeguard humanity. Saintm does. Yet, rather than giving thanks for the fact that he has a team member willing to undertake the jobs he lacks the conviction and spine to perform himself, Candid instead chooses to burst on here and call for the head of his more zealous colleague.

When will the weaker willed out there realise that the Messengers created us to compliment each other. After all Witness, is it not you that likes to bang on about "unity" whenever you can?

Last edited by omega89 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell!)
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SixofSwords29 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Don't be preposterous Omega! This situation is a far cry from Traveler and Rigger hissing at each other over thousands of miles of electric cabling! These two individuals clearly live near each other, know each other and one of them was making violent threats, not only against a fellow imbued but against that individual's family!

As Witness said, that behaviour is completely unacceptable. If the consequences of Saintm's actions are that he misses out on the support and guidance that Hunter Net can provide then so be it. He has shown himself to be a loose canon and a rogue - operating alone with little regard for the rest of his group. I doubt he even appreciates the value of this site. What's more he is acting in complete contradiction to the spirt in which this site was created. Hunter Net is supposed to be a symbol of unity and hope. Saintm is using it to threaten other imbued and innocents! Does that help us "Inherit the Earth"?

I completely stand by Witness' decision.
SixofSwords29
New user
New user

Number of posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Yes, Rigger. Banning. And I weighed it carefully before I suggested it. I can't speak for Witness, Dole or any others who monitor the site, but in my case, I understand what it means to suggest a ban. I would never consign a fellow Chosen to a fate like that without carefully considering whether I felt they were more dangerous to the community than not having access to Hunter-net would be a danger to them.

Saintm501 crossed too many lines. He does clearly know how to hurt Candid572's family, and perhaps actually desires to take such abhorent action. It is my hope that the action taken here will deter him from engaging in such completely deplorable behavior. I am sure that should he contact Candid, make ammends, and start working productively with other Chosen, then we here can give him another chance.

As for Omega, all I have to say is that you, Sir, clearly have no understanding of what is needed to succeed in our collective mission. The "whining" as you call it, is designed to preserve as many Chosen as possible. Saintm501's foolish attempt to strong-arm Candid572 would have served to likely get them both killed or captured. They both would have ended up off the streets at the very least, as Candid is technically an accomplice of SaintM in this allegeed murder. If they go to the police and get just him off the streets, then the others in the group may continue to hunt. If SainM makes good on his threat, then Candid and he self-destruct trying to kill each other and neither is any good for the Mission.

For one who professes to be a cold and logic-minded hunter of monsters, Omega, you have proven to be lacking in foresight here.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:17 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Liabilities

Bad call, Witness. You don't know the whole story. Consider that Candid may be compromised, as a start. It wouldn't be the first time you dropped the ball on site security, would it?
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:36 pm

> Candid clearly does not have the stomach to perform the dirtier tasks necessary to safeguard humanity.
> Saintm does. Yet, rather than giving thanks for the fact that he has a team member willing to undertake
> the jobs he lacks the conviction and spine to perform himself, Candid instead chooses to burst on here and
> call for the head of his more zealous colleague.

Hey Robocop, got a news flash for ya here... killing someone's family ain't nobody's idea of "doing the dirty work" to keep any fucking humans safe. Jackass, even I won't cross that fucking line. You going to tell me I'm a whiny fuck too? I ain't crossed the line of killing a fucking Norm for the sake of the Call either. Matter of fact, I bet even god45 ain't crossed that fucking line, and we all know he's fucking King of Fisher Park here.

It don't take spine to kill Norms. It's pretty fucking sloppy and cowardly in fact. We're in it to protect them, and not when it's fucking covenient to do so.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Rigger,

I was not referring to Saintm's threats against Candid's family. Instead, my post was aimed at Candid's dislike of Saintm's methods. Candid did not approve of Saintm capturing a resource of the enemy to use as a foil against them. This is foolish. Saintm is willing to take these actions so Candid doesn't have to. Candid is the fool here, not Saintm.

For the record I believe that Saintm's threats against Candid were nothing more than hot blooded posturing.

But those of us who have been here long enough know that such posts tend to cause this sort of reaction in Witness and the rest of the left wing "let's hug them into humanity" brigade, don't we?
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 am

Well, aren't you getting a hard-on for Saintm's behaviour, Omega? How about you read Candid's post again before spitting out the usual "Oh you weaklings need to stop whining!" bullshit? Candid was concerned because Saintm was behaving like a loose cannon. The whole point of working is a team is that you compliment each other and make decisions together. This vato is just running around doing his own shit and leaving the rest of his boys to pick up the pieces. I know that if he was in my group I'd have wasted no time in knocking him the fuck out.

Banning him though - that's a bit harsh. I'm pretty sure I've said worse things to Rigger in the past and I'm still here.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 am

Anyone got an update on this one? I'm not too keen on silence after a threat's made...

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Banned?

Post  Greywolf001 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't know. in a way I can understand Witness's actions, after all we can't afford any Hunter turning on anyone else, and from what I've read what he's done would be constituted as turning. and threatening a fellow Hunter's family is well and away beyond what can be accepted. even God45 wouldn't do that, and he's not exactly what you would call squeamish.

However, I also feel that Rigger has a point too. this site is the only support we have, the only way we can contact one another and work together. and Banning a fellow Hunter from the site seems like a death sentence to me. in a way you might as well have tied him up and handed him to the Vampires or the Werewolves. it would have been the same.

I propose a compromise. assign Saintm to another team, and place God45 as a watch dog for him. if he go's near his old team, or betrays the hunt in anyway, let God45 deal with it in what ever way he see's fit. but don't just ban him.
Greywolf001
New user
New user

Registration date : 2011-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: