Chiming in

Go down

Chiming in

Post  minstrel668 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 am

I know you don't want to know who we are, or where we are, but it seemed polite to let you all know that we are, if that makes sense. There's a bunch of us, we're all new to this, but we're determined and ready.

Anyway, I'll keep reading the boards and learning what I can, but I've got one question up front. When you guys talk about the mission, you mostly seem to act in ones or twos, or very small groups at best. Is that normal? Just there's about eight of us in and about town, and I'm not talking a big city. We probably all live in a ten mile radius. Is that weird as? Or is it pretty normal too, just not obvious cos you're not all online? It's pretty comforting to know I've got so many allies nearby, I'll tell you that!

minstrel668
New user
New user

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chiming in

Post  rigger111 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Some hunters work in pairs. Some work solo. Most work with whatever's at hand. Very few have claimed to work in groups of more than five or six. There's rumors though... rumors of organizations. Of armies.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:28 pm

rigger111 wrote:There's rumors though... rumors of organizations. Of armies.

Ah - Crusader's dream of an army of imbued! I too relish such a day but until the more squeamish amongst us learn to stop mewling like frightened kittens every time things get a bit rough and something "distasteful" has to happen then we shall never realise the dream of a truly unified body of imbued.
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:21 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: Others

Not simply armies. There have been rumors on the list since its early days about a corporation or foundation, sometimes called the "Rose Foundation" who help Imbued out when they are in trouble. Stories of high-priced and high-profile lawyers showing up to defend Imbued in legal troubl. The mysterious arrival of packages of money delivered with a single red rose and a cryptic message when an Imbued is about to lose their home or livelihood. Job offers when it seems all hope is lost. And even practical things like weapon cache locations sent through anonymous emails. The list is endless, but the seeming infinite resources and benevolence of this "Foundation" always seem to crop up like an urban legend among those of us who need it the most. An there are far too many stories to discount.

I believe, based on the mass of evidence, that someone is out there watching us. They are preparing for something big, and they are sparing no expense to keep us fit to deal with whatever that is when the time comes.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:15 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Others

We cannot afford to waste time and effort on the legends of mysterious do-gooders and rallying cries of armies of the Chosen. Here and now we, as individuals, make a difference. We are the thin red line. Dream if you want, but rely only on yourself and those you call "ally" right this minute. The second you start thinking the cavalry is coming is the second you have sacrificed yourself on the Altar of the Hunt.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm

You are such a fucking buzzkill, you know that?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Minstrel it sounds as if the Lord has seen fit to bless you and your group. Don't squander His gift.
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am

When I don't operate alone I work with a small, select group. It sounds like you've got lucky with such a large group, or maybe that Messengers are upping the ante and imbuing more of us.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: