Investigation Update

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Investigation Update

Post  omega89 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:07 pm

I believe I have uncovered the outmost limit of a monster's web of influence but I am not one to jump to conclusions. Your feedback and opinions would be appreciated here.

Over a period of six weeks I have spotted, followed and observed eight seperate individuals, all of whom are wrong to my eyes. Each of these creatures is able to move freely in daylight, five of them appear to be part of stable family units and all bar one of them appear to be in long term relationships. In all cases these affiliations appear to be healthy and functional - none of the other individuals observed are corrupters. Each of the targets is wealthy - their choice of domicile makes conventional tactics a risky proposition at best. All of the individuals appear to be involved in either politics, industry, the legal profession or finance. None of them are in public positions of overt influence, but all are capable of wielding extensive power in their individual areas of expertise. At present I have several different private investigators compiling detailed background checks on the targets. None of the creatures appear to know each other but it is entirely likely that they meet in private - their choice of occupation makes this possible purely in a social sense. So far none have displayed any overt supernatural powers.

My first thought here was blood puppets but I would wish to know others' thoughts before I take this any further.
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigation Update

Post  god45 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Investigation Update

Clearly, their relationships are not stable, and their family units are not normal if they exist within them. They have the cancer. They must be removed before they infect any Defenseless that they are in contact with. The threat level of the individual targets is increased due to their level of influence in society. It is likely that they are renfields attached to a v_mp_r_ and thus, extremely dangerous as a potential contagion. Start excising them. Follow the survivors to their master. Capture the master. Interrogate it. Then remove it as well.

Prevent the cancer from spreading!
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Investigation Update

You might want to consider what happens to those afforementioned 'family units' if you do kill the alleged Renfields. You may end up doing a great deal of harm to them. I have learned from one of my sources that vampires tend to look internally when one or more of their slaves go missing or turn up dead. They start killing family members first, in many cases strictly for sport and to send a message, and leaving the bodies in easy to see places.

I urge you to consider opening a dialogue with them, and getting them off "the sauce". If they don't listen, then get the families out of the way first by alerting the authorities. If the police are watching them for suspected kidnapping attempts, then the bloodsuckers won't try to kill them. They become too high profile and can draw attention to the vampire... who invariably has Rendfields so that he can remain secret and anonymous. Please try to be persistent. At the very least, talking to them might cause one or more of them to let slip some information that you can use.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:16 am

A dialogue? Are you serious?

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  capricorn432 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:13 am

Buck413 wrote:A dialogue? Are you serious?

What's so unbelievable about that? The "creatures" that Omega has described are clearly intelligent - in fact, it might be that they are unaware of their condition. I've seen from reading through the archives that there are those amongst us that are capable of talking openly and frankly with monsters. Omega, are you in contact with anyone like this? If so, how about getting them to talk to one of your subjects. It may be a much easier way to get information and it certainly beats tearing apart families!

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 am

Since my "Imbuing" the "Heralds" have made a number of things clear to me, and to be quite honest I'm horrified to learn that others on this list don't seem to see things as clearly as I do now that my eyes have been opened. Countless scenes of bloodshed, violence and oppression play before my eyes on a regular basis - and this much is clear to me, the human races are dancing like puppets to the strings of the enemy.

The fact that these creatures are intelligent only makes them more dangerous. You're not talking about some petty criminal who can be "saved," that much you must remember - you're talking about something utterly inhuman that would sooner break your neck and drink you're blood than join you at some tea party with biscuits to discuss "feelings," and help you "get things off your chest" or whatever your type are calling homosexual relations these days.

These creatures are clearly marked as the enemy, watch them from a distance - let them lead you to whatever cancerous whore conscripted them, then move quickly and decisevely to eliminate each of them before the others become aware of what is happening. This is war, pre-emtive action is the only way - unless you want to wait around for them to bash down your door and murder you once they discover who and what you are.

You're a soldier, don't forget your purpose - and don't shirk in your duty.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:45 am

Welcome to Bookworm's world. He talks first and asks questions later. The killing only happens after they try to kill him first four or five times. Fucking doormat.

By the way? I'm not a soldier. I don't take orders. I don't give out orders. I kill. I'm a killer. So shitcan the lofty ideals and just make with the boom-boom shoot em up bang-bang. You'll live longer that way.

So what? I don't get it either?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm

> Since my "Imbuing" the "Heralds" have made a number of things clear to me, and to be quite honest I'm
> horrified to learn that others on this list don't seem to see things as clearly as I do now that my eyes
> have been opened.

It seems to me that you may have a much more open and powerful link to the Messengers than many others have, Buck. I get alot of messages from them too, but in my case it's mostly just optical illusions like seeing a sign change or hearing a voice shout a short phrase in warning to me. Most often, it's unclear and cryptic, and it's always a very painful experience. I get nosebleeds every time They speak, and sometimes a nasty headache when they send too many messages through printed words. No matter what form it takes, my messages are painful, confusing and never clear. I have to really guess or puzzle out just what they're trying to say. And they sometimes conflict with each other.

I may hear "IT KILLS FOR PLEASURE!" in my head one minute only to see a billboard change to "END ITS PAIN" two minutes after that. And even more confusing will be a sign that says "ITS PLEASURE IS ITS PAIN!" a couple more miles down the road. There's alot of ways I can take that. The easiest one is to just shoot it down like a rabid dog. But what if I can simply talk to it and make it see that it's only hurting itself because of what it does? In a practical sense, I save on ammo doing that, and I draw alot less attention to myself. But, maybe killing it quickly will allow me to move on quicker? Maybe if I stall here, I risk another life down the road?

See? It's not so clear-cut for alot of us. There's going to be confusion, because folks don't always know what the whole story is when they deal with the Messengers. They got to consider the possibilities before they can act.

I ain't going to give Omega any advice. I seen his posts from the first list. He won't be taking any "friendly" advice anyway. He's the kind of guy who prefers the direct approach. You're wasting your breath, Bookworm.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 am

> A dialogue? Are you serious?

I am deadly serious, Buck. Opening dialogue with any form of monster, from a Bruise to a Flicker, is a frightening proposition. You truly do not know for cerain how they will react. However, if you profess to wish to protect humanity from the things which you despise so much, then you have to protect them. You can't just let the chips fall where they may once you start shooting.

I am willing to admit that not all monsters can be redeemed or helped. I've even had to put down more than one myself, when a more zealous hunter wasn't around to expedite the issue on my behalf. I still believe that most are as sentient and as intelligent, not to mention as human, as you or I at their core. In many cases they have simply given in to the temptation of power. They can be reasoned with, and some of them just want people to listen to their story. Many truly are lashing out in pain and desperation. They are simply products of the violence and moral destitution of the society we live in. The cycle of violence is an all-too-common thing in human history. We have a chance to change or even break that cycle, and we should take it. It's either that, or the world we're trying to build isn't going to be any different from the one we're fighting against now.

> Welcome to Bookworm's world. He talks first and asks questions later. The killing only happens after they
> try to kill him first four or five times. Fucking doormat.

You know, Rigger... I'm proud to be a doormat, if the alternative is to be an unthinking, rabid animal that can't even discern friend from foe. Spend more time biting the hands that feed you. Eventually, you can starve.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:44 am

Many thanks to those of you that responded. I have since apprehended the creature that did not appear to be in a relationship. At present I am holding it at a secure location outside of town and have begun the process of information extraction. What I can confirm is that it does NOT appear to be a blood puppet - those that I have encountered in the past appear to posess the ability to heal at accelerated rates and great strength. This creature shows neither.

I shall post my findings later.
omega89
Touched
Touched

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:24 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Investigation Update

> What I can confirm is that it does NOT appear to be a blood puppet - those that I have encountered in
> the past appear to posess the ability to heal at accelerated rates and great strength. This creature
> shows neither.

In my extensive experience of interrogagting bruises, I have found that the only commonality is the visual cue of the bruised appearance and venous distention one finds on their bodies. Hence the term "Bruise" that we commonly use for them. If your subject does not possess that specific feature, then it is not a v_mp_r_'s slave. It is something else, perhaps pertaining to a w_r_w_lf or under the influence of a goblin's mind control.

Be aware that not all Bruises possess resilience or physical potence as well. I have come into contact with entire strains of these traitorous fucks who seem to possess mind controlling powers or psychic abilities, and even some which seemed to possess malleable forms or genetic mutations. Again- the commonality is the bruised appearance while under the effects of the Second Sight or one of the special visual Tricks. All traitorous Renfields will have this earmark of having imbibed Rot blood.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:58 pm

My apologies for being lax in my updates. My situation has escalated.

In short, these creatures are not blood-puppets. The one in my custody eventually broke under questioning and confessed to being a member of a sorcerer's cult. Apparently in return for his service and participation in debased rituals this worthless cretin was gifted with an improved quality of life. Imagine - casting aside your humanity (for, make no mistake about it, to my eyes this being has no humanity!) in return for a promotion at work!

Needless to say I have disposed of the creature. I felt there was no value in questioning him further.

I have since resumed my watch over the other creatures - I have been away from them for several days and combined with the loss of their cohort I believe the variables of the situation could have altered considerably.

I require assistance though, for I have no experience of dealing with warlocks. Reading through the archives I have pieced together a fair picture of what I can expect to encounter, however I would prefer to hear from imbued who have first hand experience dealing with these monsters.
omega89
Touched
Touched

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stella142 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 am

I think Bookworm's best placed to respond. He had direct dealings with one of these guys if memory serves me correctly.
stella142
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sweetpea206 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Watch yourself, and anyone you work with.

We cleared out a warlock last summer. He was working solo as best we could tell, but he had the cold-faced cheek to turn his tricks on one of ours, and it took us months to spot it. He was pretty erratic - seemed to be a city playboy on the surface, working the music scene to score women and drugs. We were just furious we missed the fucker - he'd been on our radar a year earlier, and managed to slip the net (we had what we thought was reliable information that he'd left town, but no lead on where he'd gone).

Anyway. Next we know, he's not only back in town, he's nailing one of the girls. She swore blind there was nothing going on but sex, but we weren't going to take her word for anything at that point. The only upside to the situation was that we could track him through her. We got his car, his movements, his circle (all clean; maybe he wasn't the debasing-ritual type), and either he really didn't have any idea what she did when she wasn't with him, or we got lucky. He did a fine line in booze and drugs, which probably helped us out, but may not be representative!

We waited until they were otherwise engaged, and got a sufficiently crooked contact to rig the car's brakes. It went straight in the river; police statement confirmed casualties. Confirming it really was the warlock turned out to be the hardest part of the job, but we closed the loop eventually.

I'm not saying getting one of your own to distract your warlock with hot sex is a particularly sound strategy, but if it's what you've got to work with...

sweetpea206
New user
New user

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 pm

If they are the slave to a vampire master then would killing them solve anything?
The rumours speak of vampires having powers over the mind.
I am sure killing the slaves will A) Only force it to drag more back into it's "family" B) piss it off and then YOU are hunted.

Cutting the head from the Hydra will not work.
Confirm the targets nature. Stike hard, fast and without warning.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  omega89 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:00 am

Sweetpea206 - many thanks for your advice. It is appreciated.

Penemue574 - a little lesson for you; if you wish to be taken seriously here and not just dismissed as another frother then read the whole thread before replying.
omega89
Touched
Touched

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 am

I am adult enough to admit I was wrong and misread the information.
I am sorry.

But what you found disturbs me more so.

I ask you, humbly and with need:

What do you know of ritualistic cults? Is this linked to witch covens? Are those inside damned forever? Is their ways of breaking the bond?
Your answers matter more then life to me so please be sure of your words.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 am

As Stella said before, Bookworm's really the man to talk to where warlocks are concerned, though it sound like Sweetpea has had run ins too. I don't know much about damnation (and beware - your langauge is going to get that puto loco Crusader started...) but I do know that, from what I've read, that warlocks are essentially just as vulnerable as normal folks if you catch 'em unaware. As for their cultists - I've never heard of anything like that, but it sounds like Omega is about to get a crash course in dealing with them.

Last edited by cabbie22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't speak Spanish...)
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Subject: Warlocks

I am sorry for my absence the last few days, but I've had a lot on both my mind and my plate. A run-in with an "old flame", if you must know... the vampire woman who robbed me of my legs, in fact. That, coupled with contact from Fyodor and the things that were said on the list, and I felt it wouldn't serve anyone's best interests for me to be posting. I'm back though, and hopefully able to be of assistance.

Concerning warlocks-- yes, I do know a bit about them. Purple is what I call the one I spoke at length with, and he told me a fair bit about them. I ask for patience though, as much of what he said was cryptic and may not prove useful to you.

Basically, the first thing you have to understand about warlocks is that they do not like to work in groups. Most of them find groups inhibitive of their special "talents". Many of them seek to "enlighten" humanity, similar to what we strive for, but in a more direct ways. They each have a vision of how they expect the world to be. Many use disengenuous means to meet this personal goal. This causes in-fighting and usually, as Purple put it "Ends with duels at dawn and lots of explosions. The kind of thing that would make James Cameron cream his jeans."

It is unlikely, but not unheard of, for one to start a cult of personality, but typically a Warlock will not make his cultists into monsters themselves. This "taint" you sense is not something Purple has mentioned before, but should I see him again, I will ask him about it for you.

Warlocks are as vulnerable to injury as any other human. They don't change shape like a flicker or have natural weaponry like a vampire. They have nowhere near the resilience of a rot. What makes Warlocks dangerous is "chance". A warlock can consciously manipulate luck and the factors of circumstance. This means that you could draw a perfect bead on one, have a clean shot and no obstructions, only to have something completely random keep you from making the shot. It can be as innocuous as you "forgetting" to take off the safety, or as dangerous as a police officer having stumbled onto the rooftop vantage you set up and trying to arrest you. Regardless of the specific circumstances, when you are forced to confront a warlock, be certain to have a number of back-up plans, as most of the ones you set up will go wrong.

That's abotu all I have to offer for now. I'm still trying to puzzle out much of what he said, in order to put it into some rational order. Purple can be quite erratic at times. He attributes this to somke strange malady that can afflict his kind. He wouldn't tell me the name of it, but he said it was a mystcal disease that all warlocks fear.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Heh. I can empathise.

Intresting, my sister was always into magic and the spirt world. Harry Potter and magic kits.
An easy target, those teenagers who want "something more"

I will chase up what you said, and thank you.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 am

Yeah, something else about warlocks you might want to know...

They're pretty close to human, so they still think alot like humans. That means that better than half of 'em you might come across are going to be wearing light kevlar and packing heat. That means they shoot back. They ain't like most monsters, who think that they can get by with shit like claws and fangs or super strength and mental fuckery. Sure, a warlock CAN fuck with your head, but he's just as likely to pull out a fucking hand cannon and end you by blowing your face off.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:38 am

Urgh. How crass.
Then again, you wouldn't expect one to always wear kevlar. If you wish to embody the "Hunter" image it seems to me we wouldn't stalk prey that knows we are there. Its like Tigers. Powerful and fast, but won't attack something that is looking at them.
Do you know if their powers would require incantion or mearly a mental impluse? In which case, if they must incant, when I am ready for my reckoning and have my target, I should aim first at the thoat. Should it servive it would ruin any unearthly abilties, leaving me with something that is just a human that likes to seduce the naive and impressionable. A coward who needs the ego boost.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Have you been hitting the brown bottle Penemue? 'cos it sure as hell sounds like you have! Or is this a new style of writing you've adopted, trying to sound aloof and cold as ice. Seriously, man - don't try and fit in with God, Omega, Crusader and all those other fuckheads - it don't suit you.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Please, in order to fit in with those three I would have to have a small bit of faith at least!

Sorry if I sound aloof. People always say I'm a little distant and cold. Its just..what I am. I hope its not too annoying.
I think it is a result of reading a lot of Victorian fiction!

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Investigation Update

Post  hannibal137 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 am

Rigger111 - "Yeah, something else about warlocks you might want to know...

They're pretty close to human, so they still think alot like humans."

That can't be stressed enough. The warlocks are as varied as we are with our abilities and desires. Thier motivations also resemble ours some want to help some hinder, some want to destroy others create, etc, you get the picture. THEY ARE STILL MOSTLY HUMAN (at least in thought and actions).

I have fought against a few that I believe were warlocks. I have seen one chant before the wierd shit happened and another who was just the luckiest son of a bitch ever. Each battle was different. One came at me directly and regreted that mistake (well I assume that was regret on his face as he died), another was subtle and I had to track her (she almost got me).

Penemue574 - "In which case, if they must incant, when I am ready for my reckoning and have my target, I should aim first at the thoat."

DUMB IDEA! The throat is a small target, hard to hit. Always aim center mass unless you are a marksman, with a sniper rifle and a damned good scope. You put a bullet or a load of buckshot in the chest of someone you can pretty much bet your ass the will not be talking or thinking well enough to chant (and that is assuming he/she needs to chant to do the wierd shit). Penemue, your brain is the greatest and best weapon you have use it, don't go off half cocked and don't step out of your comfort zone. You do that and you end up fighting in a reactionary way, it will be easier to cause you to make mistakes.

hannibal137
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next