Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update

+10
rigger111
cabbie22
crusader17
Buck413
soldier91
god45
bookworm55
Magnum450
traveler72
capricorn432
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

update Empty update

Post  capricorn432 Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:04 am

I went back to that house. I'm still shaking. I'll post more later but I just wanted to let those that I spoke to privately know that I'm ok.

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

update Empty Re: update

Post  traveler72 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:41 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Update

Sounds like you had a bad day. Take your time, have a drink or ten and then let us know how it went. We've all had days like this, Son. We can relate.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum450 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:50 am

I saw something.
I shot it.
It faded.

That was coincidence wasn't it. I wish to God it wasn't but if bullets dont stop it wishes sure aint gonna.
I don't wanna sleep, just wanna figure out what the fuck it was and how I stop it.

I wanna drink but that aint gonna help either. Need some rest or I wont be any use ta anyone but I dont wanna sleep.

Magnum450
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 am

Subject: re: Update

> I don't wanna sleep, just wanna figure out what the fuck it was and how I stop it.

You're not the first to post something like this, and you won't be the last. We're here to help. First, I suggest you do sleep. It will allow you to look at the problem in a different light. You're probably emotionally exhausted right now, and rest will give your brain time to "reboot". You will probably have nightmares. Even the toughest among us have them. It's okay, they're just nightmares. Once you do that, a stiff drink might help, or it might not. It depends on your personal tastes. After that, tell us what you saw and what you did about it. We might be able to give you some information or personal experiences on the subject.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Update

Alchohol impairs you. Imbibe only if you wish to end your time among the living.

Sleep deprivation impairs you. The human body requires four hours per day to function at peak efficiency, and you must condition yourself to reach that point. Sleep is a must when you have the luxury of partaking of it.

Your body is the greatest weapon you possess in the Mission. Your mind, your muscle, your reflexes. As long as you draw air, you are a destructive force more powerful than the greatest Tsunami, Earthquake or Typhoon. You are the Vengeance of humanity against a monstrous cancer which seeks to destroy all that you hold dear. You are the Righteous sword of Truth that cuts through their lies and deceit. You, not those trappings which you surround yourself with in your quest.

Care for that weapon. Treat it with the ultimate respect.

With that said- get ahold of yourself. You are worthless to this list and to other Chosen when all you do is spout off hystrionics and drivel.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:54 am

I'm glad you're still breating. Take a deep breath, get some sleep, and take another look at the problem. Maybe doing some research on the ghost might help. Recon can give you all sorts of useful information about what might be holding it here.
soldier91
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  capricorn432 Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 am

Ok - I've finally composed myself enough to go back to MY house - and it's not pretty.

Here's a recap of what went on.

I went to the ghost's house and took a snoop around. This may sound stupid, but I could only go back at night - during the day I've got to work so by the time I got there it was dark. The electricity has been disconnected so I had to use a torch, but given that I had been there a few times during the day I was pretty sure I knew enough of my way around to avoid tripping over something and breaking my neck.

It was bloody cold in there. Yeah, we've been having cold weather as of late and there's no heating, but I'm talking "frost on the inside cold". This put me on guard so I start really looking for the thing I had seen earlier. I felt strangely calm - not half as scared as I had when I went into the house - which is pretty wierd but I guess that's adreniline for you.

There was no sign of the spook on the ground floor so I decided to check out the first floor. As I was half way up the stairs my torch died on me suddenly. I pulled out my lighter and flicked it on. People say that smoking is a terrible habit but this damn near saved my life. As the flame appeared I noticed that it started wavering off to my right. Now, there wasn't the slightest breeze in the house so this caught my interest. I turned my head to see this black shape, hefting a piece of the furniture and about to hurl it in my direction! I threw myself out of the way, just as this hall table impacted on the wall where I would have been standing. What followed was a barrage of furniture and ornaments - thrown with real malicious intent - in my direction. I wasn't able to get close enough to reach the creature - it had clearly got a load of stuff stacked up nearby for this very occurance! Behind me I could see the words "GET OUT" and "MY HOUSE" slowly writing themselves in the frost. Deciding that discretion was the better part of valour I left and went home, shaken.

I was stupid to think that this thing was solely interested in its house. The day after I visited it there I woke up to find my room covered in blood, gore and vermin. I don't quite remember what I did but I fled to a nearby hotel and called in sick. I've been there for two days and now I've come home.

My house is trashed by the blood and gore have gone.

Based on what you guys have said I think I'm going to have to do a bit of leg work and find out some more about the history of that house. Those anchors that Traveler mentioned are probably the most likely method I've got of beating this thing.

I'll post more later.

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:39 am

Capricorn, from my experience backup can mean the difference between life and death.

In the service we operate in teams of three.

My point is, that whilst I have had success in the hunt by myself on home soil, I recognise that this was not only a "fluke," but it was also highly reckless. Our number are few in the extreme, whilst the enemy would seem to be legion, putting your life at risk in such a way does not only betray your own survival instincts, but also your allies on this list.

So my advice would be simple:

Hole down some place this thing can't find you, you've mentioned you stayed at a hotel. If you can afford a room, stay there a few nights, otherwise sleep in your car. Hook up with some Imbued, or use the signs to attract backup - don't go back to the house until you have back up, even if its just someone sitting outside in a car woth the gas on.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 am

Subject: Hunting Spook Anchors

Okay... seems like you got one seriously nasty spook on your hands, Capricorn. So here's what I can give you for advice. Starting with the simple fact that Buck is damn right by saying you need back-up. Get yourself two or three other Imbued before you poke your head out of the rabbit hole you stuck it in, Son. Might want to even give Witness1 your location privately and have him do one of his "All-Points" call to see who's in your area that he can put you in touch with.

Make sure you get someone that can help you with research. Figure out who the spook might be by tracking back the history of the house.

Then, track down any of the person's belongings that might still exist. Scope them with the Sight as you find them. If you got the "Sight of the Witness" or the "Illuminating Light" Edges, those are even better. It's harder to fool those.

Here's where things go south though...

I have heard that sometimes a spook uses a person as an Anchor. If that's the case, I can't tell you what to do about it. You're going to have to make your own decision.

You may also have to burn that house to the ground. Chances are pretty damn good that it's one of the spook's Anchors too. Hell.. the entire property might be. If that's the case, then I don't know how you're going to get rid of it.

Best of luck to you. If I find out I'm in the area you're at, I'll get your back. If not, then Good luck. You're gonna need it.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum450 Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Hell its good to have someone who understands.
I slept a bit, went back to work, went through the motions you know to remind me whats normal.

Someone mentioned ghosts and anchors.
The thing I shot was and wasn't there so hell with no better description I'm happy to stick it with the ghost moniker.
Thing is I have a damn good idea where its body will be.

If I find the body is the ghost likely to be defending it or will it be happy to let me bury it and get it sanctified. Christ are we talking preachers and holy water to get rid of this thing.
Its not THIS thing is it..its THESE things....fuck..thats...shit. I just about got ma head around one of em. Crap.

Magnum450
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Magnum, do not assume that this spirit that you have seen is a ghost of the living. When you die you go to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory - sticking around in the mortal realm is not an option.

However, Samuel 28 does however, describe a witch calling up a spirit of the dead. The spirit she claims to call is one of the Lord's prophets, and he presumably was not uneasy in his grave. So, perhaps it is possible for the spirits of the dead to be brought back into this world. If this happens I think it's fair to suggest that you have a witch or a warlock nearby as a cause, since I see no rationale for ghosts returning under their own power.

Bear this in mind - all spirits that I have encountered have borne only the sketchiest resemblance to humanity. Most of them have tried to appear as terrifying as possible. Why would a spirit of the dead appear like this? No - such behaviour is the mark of a demon or an imp. Appearing like a spirit of a dead human is only a play on our sympathies and an attempt to make us lower our guard.
crusader17
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 pm

> The thing I shot was and wasn't there so hell with no better description I'm happy to stick it
> with the ghost moniker.

More information is required to properly identify the entity. So far, the only facts you've given us is that the monster in question is capable of foiling your eyesight to appear to disappear in front of you.

This can be attributed to any number of monsters, gh_sts being the least of them. V_mp_r_s have been know to disappear before the untrained eye. Flickers are rumored to be capable of disappearing. Goblins can supposedly become invisible at will. There are thousands of urban legends which speak of vanishing creatures which we must now consider as truthful accounts now that we have been Called.

A description would be a good place to start.

> If I find the body is the ghost likely to be defending it or will it be happy to let me bury it
> and get it sanctified. Christ are we talking preachers and holy water to get rid of this thing.

Sanctified ground first. Then bury the body. This, along with sprinkling the corpse with salt then cremating it, or dousing the body in Holy Water are fallacious. They do not work.

Purify the corpse in flame. If it is the spook's Anchor, then you destroy the spook. If not, then it will have only the effect of drawing attention to yourself.

This, of course, assumes it is a spook.

Crusader, for all of his bullshit, is effective. Take his quotes and names with a grain of salt. Take his methods at face value. They work.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm

God's right - Crusader does have a wealth of knowledge. Shame he chooses to bundle it up in his own intolerant, bullshit views.
cabbie22
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 am

God's right, chica?

Are you SURE about that?

> Take his methods at face value. They work.

Does this include when the motherfucker blew up an entire Women's Health Services and Family Planning clinic to get at a single SUSPECTED Rot? Fucking Bible Boy wasn't even CERTAIN the Rot was onsite, you know.

Yeah, it turns out a certain 'physician'-type poster here couldn't keep his mouth shut about that one, Bible Boy. He thinks your methods are over the top. I think you're just a fucking right-wing prick using the Hunt to justify some seriously fucked up shit.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 am

Is this first hand knowledge, Rigger, or are you just shit stirring again?
cabbie22
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

> Is this first hand knowledge, Rigger, or are you just shit stirring again?

Doc119 can back me on it. He was supposedly there. I wasn't. I just remember the post where he connected a newspaper article about a "Fundamentalist Bombing at Local Clinic" in a city that Crusader17 admitted to passing through that week to help out Potter116, Doctor119 and Healer115.

I worked with those punks before. Doc119 is on the level, but Potter's a bitch and Healer's a fucking pussy, so I didn't stay long. Doc was still on the level, so if he thinks Crusader did it, then fucking Crusader DID IT. Besides, Crusader is a fucking PSYCHO, so any attempt to kill something, and he'll take it. No matter who he ends up working with to get the job done.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 am

My memory is quite equal to yours, Rigger. I also recall this post you speak of, and am aware of other aspersions cast upon Crusader17 in the past. However, Crusader did later confirm a cancerous presence in the structure when he destroyed it. As to whether he was referring to the rot he and Doctor119 were after, or the abortion clinic, I can only speculate.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am

Subject: Gross Accusations

I have lost most of my archives concerning the first Hunter.list, where I assume this post of Doctor119's alledgedly exists. I know that Witness1's archives are mostly ruined as well, but together we'll check to see if we can find any truth to these statements. Until that time, I highly suggest that unless Doctor119 comes forth with ample proof of evidence to the claim, then the rest of us should probably not cast further aspersions against Crusader17. Although I do not approve of his dogmatic ramblings and his methods, he is entitled to be fairly heard without casting a prejudicial pall of doubt as to his ethics in such a grievious way.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:40 pm

rigger111 wrote:an entire Women's Health Services and Family Planning clinic

The ungoing murder of the unborn is the American Holocaust.

It is a sign of the society we live in that these Death Camps are openly tolerated. Children are a reward from the Lord - to kill them before they are born is the gravest of sins.
crusader17
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 am

The prosecution rests it's fucking case...

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Subject: re: Hunting Spook Anchors

Anyone hear from Capricorn yet? I know you assholes are busy raking each other over the coals, but did anyone stop to check and see if s/he or this Magnum450 guy managed to get their spooks squared away?

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  capricorn432 Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Traveler,

Thanks for the concern, man. I've been busy wrapped up in research, but when I saw your post I thought I'd best check in and let you all know I'm ok. So far I've dug up nothing concrete - the old dear that died recently has nothing in her past to suggest that she's some kind of psycho evil spirit. I'll keep digging though. It's an old place - it'll have history.

Capricorn432

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Roe459 Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:43 pm

crusader17 wrote:
rigger111 wrote:an entire Women's Health Services and Family Planning clinic

The ungoing murder of the unborn is the American Holocaust.

It is a sign of the society we live in that these Death Camps are openly tolerated. Children are a reward from the Lord - to kill them before they are born is the gravest of sins.

They aren't death camps. they allow women liberation from the patriarchal system you are clearly part of. Your 'omnipotent' God demands that women live as slaves to men and their own bodies. He allows the horrors everyone on here says they have seen. He allows this injustice. If he exists I want nothing to do with him.

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Capricorn it's good to hear you're ok, man. Stick with your research but be careful. You say that this puto knows where you live, so it's safe to say that you'd better arrange a bolt hole or find a way to harm it. Use your eyes - REALLY use them - and see if you can find how it's getting in.

And if you've got family members remember that you're the only one that can protect them. You're facing something that's going to send normal people screaming into the night. They're defenceless against it. You're not. You're their shield.
cabbie22
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Roe459 wrote:They aren't death camps. they allow women liberation from the patriarchal system you are clearly part of. Your 'omnipotent' God demands that women live as slaves to men and their own bodies. He allows the horrors everyone on here says they have seen. He allows this injustice. If he exists I want nothing to do with him.

Have you read the word of God? Do you remember any of what you were taught at school? God created the world perfectly and without sin, yet mankind chose to invite evil into the world by disobeying God's edicts! That's the reason the world's like this - that's the reason that the hellspawn crawl across the earth's surface, tempting, seducing, and killing.

And that's the reason we're here. We're Heaven's answer to the devils, here to protect mankind and send Satan's minions screaming back to Hell.

Rather than screaming blasphemy into the ether, take a long hard look at this "patriarchal system" that you are trying to tear down. The Church is there to show mankind our Lord's vision - a vision designed to allow mankind to step off the path of sin and onto the road of redemption!

As long as ignorant fucking bitches like you continue to peddle the murder of children as "a choice", that step from sin to redemption becomes harder and harder to take. As for the reason there's pain involved in childbirth, take a look in the book of Genesis. The answer's there, plain as day.
crusader17
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next