Help me...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Help me...

Post  LadyV468 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:32 am

Yeah, I'm up for that. You want to find out for yourselves, feel free to find me. I'll be the one with the guide dog...

I'm not completely blind - I can see...two inches in front of me face...in high contrast...with a magnifier...set on maximum...and the screen rather close to my face...I must look utterly ridiculous...

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 pm

To:hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Help me...

I believe God was making a thinly veiled attempt to suggest that you should not be giving out as much information about yourself as you have, Ladyv. He is correct in his sentiment about that, even if his method of conveyance was more than a little uncalled for. Please do not post anymore personal details than you may have to on the open list. Speaking privately to a fellow Imbued that you have good reason it trust is one thing, but openly speaking of yourself to the list at large can prove to be a very dangerous proposition.

I'd like to make a suggestion here of something for you to look into, if I may?

You mention that you try to read your computer monitor using conventional means, but were you aware that both Microsoft and a a number of other third-party software providers supply a variety of aides for handicapped individuals who are either deaf or blind? Of special interest to you may be Voice Recognition and Transfer software that allows you to use a microphone unit to dictate to your computer, at which point the machine will display that information as text. You can then issue commands in a special vocal code for it to perform actions like sending email or opening files for you. Many of these software packages come bundled with a Voice Actuation software which will read documents on your computer to you, using a computer-synthesized voice. It isn't perfect, as it usually does not recognize slang or mispellings, but on words where it gets stuck, it tells you then spells the letters in the word out on the really good software packs. You would, of course, also require a few pieces of hardware for your computer, including higher quality speakers and perhaps an audio control external card to increase your performance.

The software bundle and microphone unit aren't that inexpensive, but many Social Security and insurance services will get you a discount or may even pay for the package if they feel it will increase your standard of living significantly. That you have a seeing-eye dog makes me believe that one of the government organizations would probably be willing to provide you a package if you request it.

Forgive me if this suggestion seems presumptuous. I do not mean to imply anything negative with the suggestion. I just wanted to assist you with what little information I can provide.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:10 pm

> I think someone's feeling a little paranoid...don't you think we were when we worked it out?

You're damn right I'm fucking paranoid, Babe. It's what keeps my ass out of the sling. You know, I kind of like you. You seem pretty classy, even if you got the same hang-up about my "language" as everyone else around here does. At least you just keep taking the lumps these asshats dish out with some class, so I gotta respect that.

So I'm going to do something I rarely ever do- I'm going to give you some free advice without being a dick.

Real simple- Don't give your personal info on the list. It WILL get you in trouble. Now I'm gonna tell you WHY. I'm one of the meanest bad-asses this list has, so I usually get stuck dealing with most of the total scumbags that post or lurk here. I can tell you for free that alot of these guys would find you just too tasty to ignore. Easy pickings, especially if you turn out to be well-heeled. Yes, criminals get Imbued too, Lady. If you happen to be cute, by the way, then the possibility of Trouble (with a capital T) goes up a whole HELL of a lot.

So don't give out information. Period.

Now, if you ARE a monster, you need to stop posting NOW. Get the fuck off this site, and NEVER look back. If you ain't trying to fuck with nobody, then GO AWAY.

If you hear the Herald, you're one of us. If not, then you damn well better get checked by one of us who has heard them before you post again. Just to make sure. Otherwise, one of us killers will be coming for you soon enough.

You can all pick your jaws up off the floor now. I'm gonna revert to my normal idiot mode in 3... 2... 1... Go.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: help me...

LadyV468 wrote:Yeah, I'm up for that. You want to find out for yourselves, feel free to find me. I'll be the one with the guide dog...

I'm not completely blind - I can see...two inches in front of me face...in high contrast...with a magnifier...set on maximum...and the screen rather close to my face...I must look utterly ridiculous...

My advice is to write some code up in places you can get to easily and find some help.
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Damn...

Post  hannibal137 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 pm

... talk about your hard-luck cases.

LadyV all I can say is good luck (you sure in the hell need it), until we get some more information there isn't much more to be said. Use the Word and get the message out that you need help, because as it is now all I can see is an unpleasent death in your future. I know I am a rightous bastard (as has been stated elsewhere).

Oh, and Lady, be careful (see not a total bastard).

hannibal137
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 am

Sorry for revealing too much. I have had to explain myself so much since I was a child that it just happens...and no, I'm not as well-heeled as my name suggests. And I have absolutely no idea if I'm 'cute' - I can't exactly use a mirror like normal people...

bookworm55, thanks for the advice - I'll see what I can do.

I'd better go - my brother has just returned. I pray he has information for me.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:32 pm

For the love of God. Whatever you do.

DO NOT LET YOUR SISTER GO

You will never, ever forgive yourself. Fight with every fiber of you soul, remind her of the love you share.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 am

Thank you Penemue, that helps. I can't leave my sister and I'm glad someone finally understands.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 am

So, LadyV - any update?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 am

Right, where do start?

- The police have written this off as a missing person's case and are ignoring my protests that it isn't. They can take a flying f*** at a rolling donut for all I care!
- I've enlisted the help of some others, totally loyal, and am in the process of training them as I speak. I'm going to need them and my brother to find her.
- I've got a lead, thanks to my brother, and will be following it shortly. Can't say too much about it, but it seems to be a good one...it better be - I'm not in the mood to follow yet another red herring. He'll get hit upside the head if he's wrong again!

I'll try to keep you posted on my progress - wish me luck...

Last edited by LadyV468 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid voice recognition...)

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 am

I not only left my sister. I drove her away because I did not understand what was going on.
I spend most of my life trying to correct just one mistake.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2