Dogma

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dogma

Post  god45 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:21 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
from: god45
subject: Social Imperatives



I understand the need to express one's personal beliefs. It is the concept of the social pecking order, in which all humans follow a psychological imperative to see that their specific belief system should be the one that dominates, ensuring that the individual exerts power over all other "lesser" humans in his social group.

Cut the shit, Children. It is unproductive to the Hunt. Your mission, THE Mission is to remove a poison that spreads through all of society, regardless of race, creed, color, religious, sexual orientation or socio-political fad-of-the-week. These "Monsters", this Enemy is the enemy of Mankind, and it could care less if you're an Orthodox Baptist, a Socialist Agnostic, a Homosexual Fundamentalist or an Atheist Feminazi.

It does not fucking MATTER to THEM!

So spare the rest of us your bullshit rhetoric and your miserable attempts to establish social dominance. Social dominance among this "community" (and I use that word with absolute contempt) stems from the act of removing the cancer. The more effective as a hunter you are and the stronger your skills at excising the poison, are the only things which will result in the garnering of more power and respect among your new peers. NOTHING else matters beyond that.

I hope I have made myself clear. Forget your old lives. Shed the useless baggage of your past philosophy. The Mission is your life now.
avatar
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Roe459 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 am

And that is your dogma.......

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  digger481 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:16 am

We can never forget the life we had before, because to do that would make us insensitive to the needs of those we are here to protect. I refuse to accept that I am now simply a machine for hunting. How can we be sure we are hunting the right thing? How can we be sure that the evil we see is not simply an innocent laced with corruption that might be removed?

We cannot lose our faith, or grow distant from the faith of our peers. Only by discussion can we share knowledge, and it is neither for you, self-named "God", nor me, to decide what knowledge is worth sharing.

All the same, there are some who seem to take their own beliefs above all else. You may be right, but remember that all of us is a gifted human being, to be sure, but a human being nonetheless. Open your minds to the possibility of being wrong, and never assume you are done with learning.

If you stop learning, you will stop growing, and there will be those amongst your foes who will outgrow you. Don't let that be your end.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Roe459 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 am

I agree completely digger. Always question. Always reanalyse. A good idea always stands up to scrutiny.

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  rigger111 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 am

Ah fuck. You just HAD to get him started, didn't you? And he's been quiet the last few months too. Gee, thanks. Now we're never gonna hear the fucking end of it.

No, really. Thanks for poking THAT psycho with a stick. We appreciate it. Really. Now I gotta go clean out my In Box, it's about to get filled again. So much for saving my porn list membership passwords in a convenient place.

> We cannot lose our faith, or grow distant from the faith of our peers. Only by discussion can we
> share knowledge, and it is neither for you, self-named "God", nor me, to decide what knowledge
> is worth sharing



I'm thinking having a discussion about whether sticking a coathanger up a chick's cooze is considered murder or not isn't going to help much when a pissed off Rot is staring you down behind the local Arby's, Chief.

Besides, most of us really don't give a fuck. We got more important things on our mind than who's gonna burn for being a dickhead, so you're just making it harder to sift through this steaming pile of shit to get to the important stuff... like how to build a bomb or the proper method of cleaning wet firearms, or the best way to stitch up your buddy who just got disemboweled by a Flicker.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Roe459 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 am

Firstly Rigger, I'll stop cluttering up your time with my ideas if you stop cluttering up mine with your testosterone fulled ranting. Not every sentence has to be doubled in length with insults.

Secondly, not to respond to Crusaders abhorrent views would be to condone them. Get him to shut up and I will. I do not enjoy haveing to explain, again, why his behavour is inappropriate.

Thirdly, he has apparently hurt alot of innocent people by blowing up a building. Isn't that as bad as the things we are trying to stop? and if so shouldn't he be stopped to? Since we can't revel identities on here, words are the only tool we have.

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  digger481 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:05 am

rigger111 wrote:I'm thinking having a discussion about whether sticking a coathanger up a chick's cooze is considered murder or not isn't going to help much when a pissed off Rot is staring you down behind the local Arby's, Chief.

Unless you are standing behind the local Arby's participating in staring competitions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I should think you can find an alternative time for talk.

rigger111 wrote:Besides, most of us really don't give a fuck. We got more important things on our mind than who's gonna burn for being a dickhead, so you're just making it harder to sift through this steaming pile of shit to get to the important stuff... like how to build a bomb or the proper method of cleaning wet firearms, or the best way to stitch up your buddy who just got disemboweled by a Flicker.

And there we dig down deep into the truth of this. You don't care, we get it. I've read enough of your very informative and helpful replies on here to know that the prospect of meeting you, in particular, for a discussion about anything, would teach me a great deal about use of expletives on modern language. Let me redo your reply for you:

rigger111 wrote:Besides, I don't give a fuck. I have other things on my mind than who's gonna burn for being what I perceive to be a dickhead, so you're just making it harder for me to sift through this section of text I don't understand to get to something less relevent to the discussion... like how to build a bomb or the proper method of cleaning wet firearms, or the best way to stitch up your buddy who just got disemboweled by a Flicker.

Any questions?

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  rigger111 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 am

Oh for fuck's sake.

Fine, I'll bite. Pr0n's getting boring and I got another two days before I can get back in the field with this fucked up leg. Just an FYI? Flickers hurt when they gnaw on your leg.

> Firstly Rigger, I'll stop cluttering up your time with my ideas if you stop cluttering up mine with
> your testosterone fulled ranting. Not every sentence has to be doubled in length with insults.


No, FIRST thing lady is that you need to see that this isn't the fucking place to drop your fucking personal bent. People fucking DIE out there doing what we do. Apparently, you skipped the "common sense" line when they were handing out brains at birth.

I don't tell you HOW to talk, numbfuck, so skip the bullshit. This isn't the fucking women's auxilary or the feminazi pep rally. This is a place where people learn to KILL MONSTERS. So don't fucking expect politeness. Most of us are fucking tired of wasting time talking to pylons like you only to end up finding out you're dead three weeks later. So fuck off with the ettiquette lesson, close your fucking mouth and open your fucking eyes, or we'll be hearing about your lesbian wiccan send-off to the Other Plane in a week or two.

> Secondly, not to respond to Crusaders abhorrent views would be to condone them. Get him to
> shut up and I will. I do not enjoy haveing to explain, again, why his
> behavour is inappropriate.


The real "Second" point, since you're ticking shit off Miss Tight Cunt is that you're talking out your ass, and you know it. Responding to Crusader validates him. You're looking for a platform, and he made a good launching point. Bitches like you are all alike. You can't be happy until you got some dumbfuck to demonize. You don't want him to shut up, because if he does, then you can't keep spouting off your own bullshit.

> Thirdly, he has apparently hurt alot of innocent people by blowing up a building. Isn't that as bad
> as the things we are trying to stop? and if so shouldn't he be stopped to? Since we can't revel i
> dentities on here, words are the only tool we have.


Who the fuck are you? Seriously. You show up and instantly take up the "Burn Crusader at the Stake" cause then settle in and act like you've been around this place since Witness brought it up. Get fucking bent. You don't know SHIT about any of us. Yeah, Crusader's a royal fucking piece of work. I'm the motherfucker who mentioned that he did it in the fucking first place, so I know it. But none of us needs a dry fuck like you to try and convict him for war crimes here on this fucking list.

Get the fuck OVER yourself, bitch. It's not your God damned job to play the prosecuting attorney or to champion the cause of the downtrodden women's libbers across the world. You want to post about HUNTING then fucking POST. The rest of that shit you're spewing is a waste of fucking space on everyone else's hard drive.

> Unless you are standing behind the local Arby's participating in staring competitions
> 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I should think you can find an alternative time for talk.


You don't get to take time off from this job. Even now, sitting in a fucking motel common room with my leg bound up typing this little clusterfuck, I got three guns on me and The Sight up. I also got two Tricks ready to go as soon as something twitches wrong. Even then, I'm being stupid just for giving you asshats enough of my attention to respond to you. If I had missed a Flicker or something when I killed that last one, it could be sneaking up on my ass right now. So yeah, you're involved in the proverbial staring competition 24/7, Bunky.

Don't. Fucking. BLINK.

> I've read enough of your very informative and helpful replies on here to know that the prospect
> of meeting you, in particular, for a discussion about anything, would teach me a great deal
> about use of expletives on modern language.


Your first mistaken assumption is that I'm going to talk. If we were to meet, it'd be to do a job. All veterans know that in a Hunt, the only talking you do is to clear instructions and then to make sure the job gets finished with as few people dead as possible. The more talking that gets done, the more people that get dead. That's a fucking FACT of Imbued existence. You can find it out here, or you can find it out when you're burying your buddies.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  digger481 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 am

Numbering amongst your mistaken assumptions are firstly that this "job" is just about killing, and secondly that nobody here without a trail of dead bodies behind them has anything to offer to the cause.

Good luck with your situation.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Roe459 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 am

Wow, you complain about me cluttering up the place and look at the space you just took up rising to my bait.

If being a successful hunter means developing your morals, Rigger, then I'll shoot myself in the head now. What is the point in fighting a monster if you become one? As you keep reiterating, our lifespan is short. If my lifespan is to be shortened I'd rather die for a good cause then a bad one.

Do you attack me becasue your own conscience smarts?

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  bookworm55 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:13 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
From: bookworm55
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

I do agree with God's observations concerning social imperative. In fact, at one point I took a few courses on sociology. Fascinating stuff, the way people interact in order to assert dominance.

I find it interesting that no sooner does he post to attempt to stop said behavior, than it actually sparks an instance of it. Rigger's boorish, yet entirely raw and earnest attempts to assert that the Mission is about visceral behaviors, followed by not one, but two attempts to justify personal philosphies, in the form of ethical consideration and free speech have proven to be quite characteristic behavior in this form of interaction.

Fascinating, indeed.

At the risk of making a target out of myself, I would like to point out some logical inconsistencies in various posts, as I too have very strong opinions on this subject matter. I do wish to emphasize that these are my opinions only! Take them or leave them as you see fit. I'll be pursuing the Mission in my own way, on my own time later. You're free to do whatever you choose to as well.

> Do you attack me becasue your own conscience smarts?

With respect, roe459, all of our consciences "smart", as you put it. Even such esteemed 'Talkers' as potter116 and oracle171 have been forced to take the lives or end the existences of some Afflicted in a violent manner. More importantly, many of us are haunted by the images of those we have failed to save or protect.

I cannot impress upon you vehemently enough to not pass judgment on individuals such as Rigger or their words or methods. They have made some hard choices. They chose in a way that you or I may not even consider, but they are confronted with the exact choices that we are, and sometimes even worse ones. Although an individual like Rigger or Crusader are completely intolerant and refuse to believe in the merit of any Afflicted for any reason, they too are still human. This type of behavior is simply the result of them attempting to cope with what they have been forced to do in the name of their own personal virtue.

I don't like Rigger. I don't like Crusader. But I'm not willing to sentence them to oblivion nor am I going to hate them for what they do. It's simply not my right to pass judgment on them in that way.

> Numbering amongst your mistaken assumptions are firstly that this "job" is just about killing

I am sorry to contradict you, digger481, but the Mission is indeed "just about killing". Each one of us, from the moment we receive the first Voice of Herald, must make the decision to kill or not. Every decision we make afterward is based around the concept of killing. We choose to find a better path, but in the end, sometimes even that choice is taken from us. Death is a fact of life for every member of the Imbued community, and the taking of another's life is a reality we have to face every day.

I choose to spare lives and to help ease the burden of a monstrous existence where I am able. I seek the humanity within these beings where I can. But please do not make the mistake of believing that they can all be saved. Many cannot, and must be relieved of the misery they face in the only way left to us. I hate it. I want to save them all, to understand them and help them live out happy, productive lives. Sometimes, even I must set aside that naive goal though, and do what has to be done for the good of all mankind.

> for a discussion about anything, would teach me a great deal about use of expletives on modern language.

That's not fair, Digger. Rigger (and a number of other posters similar to him like Gardner67 and Hannibal137) might be raging bastards when they posts, but they are far from stupid. Don't judge them based on the language they uses. Education is a commodity in some communities. I'm living proof of that. I come from a poor neighborhood in the inner city. When I talk to my friends from back home, I sound alot like Rigger, because those friends from home are not going to understand all of the vocabulary I have acquired in my college studies. They just never had the chance to learn the way I did, through no fault of their own.

> Most of us are fucking tired of wasting time talking to pylons like you only to end up finding out
> you're dead three weeks later.

"Most" is an overstatement, Rigger. It's only a small portion, and those usually don't post at all. You've been around long enough to know that. Besides... as much as you say you're sick of it, you still keep trying to convince the "newbies" when they characteristically start speaking with bravado. I doubt it has anything to do with you being bored, contrary to what you'd have us believe.

> Who the fuck are you? Seriously.

Please don't be rude. Well, beyond your normal behavior, anyway... Clearly, Roe is one of us, a fellow Imbued just like you and I. I think that gives her the right to at least state her opinions, whether you agree with them or not.

> Secondly, not to respond to Crusaders abhorrent views would be to condone them.
> Get him to shut up and I will. I do not enjoy haveing to explain, again, why his
> behavour is inappropriate.

I'd like to point out, if I may, that you do not have the right to order anyone to "shut up" about their opinion if you wish to retain the right to voice your own. Although Crusader17 has allegedly blown up an abortion clinic, there is no proof aside from hearsay. His behavior, to this point, has been well within Hunter-net limits, I might add. He states his opinion, cusses a few people out, then moves on. He has broken none of Witness1's rules.

My point being that the only behavior you have seen has been his posting. You do not know how he comports himself out in the world beyond the bounds of this list. At such time as you physically make his acquaintance and witness him engaging in an act like he is accused of, then you can return to this list and speak of his behavior with more authority. Until then, you're just making assumptions.

I'd also like to add that it chaffes even my (what I'd like to believe) more tolerant sensibilities and patience to see anyone new to this list make comments like "I do not enjoy haveing to explain, again, why his behavior is inappropriate." To be blunt, Madam, until such time as Witness1 gives you moderatorship of this site or this list, you will have no choice but to keep explaining why you feel his behavior is inappropriate. Truthfully, not even Witness1 has the right to dictate what constitutes proper ethics or morals for any of us.

I despise having to cherry-pick an argument out of what could have proven to be a pleasant discussion, but I am unfortunately pressed for time. I have many emails to sift through, and I have an interview with one of my "Afflicted" contacts tonight in an effort to get her to desist with certain activities. I apologize for only "stopping by to butt in."
avatar
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Roe459 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:58 am

bookworm, on the whole all you say I consider to be valid statements. However I do feel the need to defend myself on two counts.

I think my wording was wrong. My point was that if crusader is allowed to express and opinion then I should be allowed to counter it, and in this context I feel oblidged to counter it as, as I said before I feel ignoring it would be condoning it.

With regard to his behaviour being inappropriate, that is a matter for any part of this world not just online and not just this forum. If, as is alledged Crusader did blow up a clinic and there was a better way to deal with the situation, but his morals allowed him to a large number of untainted individuals then I think inappropriate is an understatement. But banning any mention on the forum would be unproductive becasue censorship, in my experience, is always unproductive. As I said before a good idea stands up to scrutiny. I think the confusion arose when I used the word again, I did not mean again specifically to Crusader, but instead again to the large number of times I have been involved in that particular debate, infact this is the first time I have had this conversation online. It was ment to counter the fact that rigger implied I enjoy the conflict. I don't. That this debate has been hauled out every election, everyday in this country. But I guess that is off topic for here.

But I would hate to have the job of moderating this site - I would never be impartial. I respect the fact that witness1 appears to be great deal.

I guess I'd like to add a thanks here. I thought I was going mad untill I found this forum, that doesn't mean I will blindly believe everything you guys tell me (although there doesn't seem to be a consistant view among you, which I find comforting) but I respect your experience with whatever these monsters are and I appreciate the input!

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  god45 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
from: god45
subject: re: Social Imperatives

Very well then. It would seem we have some wayward children in need of schooling.

Look at my number, Children. This number was assigned to me on the first "Hunter.list" by my own hand. How, you might ask? Because I hacked the site. Security was that bad here. It has improved little since, through no fault of Witness1's. Your Enemy is that clever. And I have killed your Enemy, this Most Dangerous Game. I have not simply survived, but triumphed gloriously. I may not be eternal or invulnerable in the grand scheme of existence, but in the lifespan of the Chosen, I am immortal. I have outlived most all without pausing or flinching in my given Mission. Without having to "go fishing" or leave off. Without having to cry pardon. Why? Because I am smart. I have shed the trappings of man. Removed the weighted chains that the Cancer has tried to wrap around me to hinder me. I have become a God of Vengeance and Destruction to our Enemy, and thus I name myself as such.

Chance does not apply. Luck is only what you make of it. Sentimentality and sensitivity are weaknesses you cannot afford.

I have Hunted your Enemy; taken the fight to Its very lair more times than I would care to count. Each time, I learn. Each time I bear witness to Its crimes. Its inhumanity. Yes, there is no routine to the art of The Hunt, and yet each time, in each Kill, there are constants. The cancer that spreads through the Blind is not curable. You can only cut it free. Death awaits all who are infected, regardless of your intervention. An unnatural state of half-life, devoid of any humanity, Grace or even will. Will you be the Merciful hand which spares the Blind of their suffering, or will you cling to the sentimental notion that you might cleanse this ravaging, deadly inhumanity that Afflicts them? Will you be responsible for the infection of others so that you can cling to a morality that cannot stand in the face of an epidemic of global proportions?

Your perception of "Free thought" is a joke. You live by the dictates that the Enemy has foisted upon you. All levels of society are infected, but the Media, Government and Organized Religion are worst hit. All means of controlling the populace No matter what foolish notion you ascribe to, you have been duped into believing it is right, when it only serves to bind you to Their will. When it only distracts you from the TRUTH that THEY are the Enemy of all Mankind. That Freedom is a myth until such time as you take what is rightful yours from their scaly grasp.

The blinders have been removed from your eyes, and even now you choose slavery. You choose corruption. Cast it off. Cast it off, or become their slave and in doing so, become My Enemy.
avatar
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  digger481 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:42 am

bookworm55 wrote:> Numbering amongst your mistaken assumptions are firstly that this "job" is just about killing

I am sorry to contradict you, digger481, but the Mission is indeed "just about killing". Each one of us, from the moment we receive the first Voice of Herald, must make the decision to kill or not. Every decision we make afterward is based around the concept of killing. We choose to find a better path, but in the end, sometimes even that choice is taken from us. Death is a fact of life for every member of the Imbued community, and the taking of another's life is a reality we have to face every day.

I choose to spare lives and to help ease the burden of a monstrous existence where I am able. I seek the humanity within these beings where I can. But please do not make the mistake of believing that they can all be saved. Many cannot, and must be relieved of the misery they face in the only way left to us. I hate it. I want to save them all, to understand them and help them live out happy, productive lives. Sometimes, even I must set aside that naive goal though, and do what has to be done for the good of all mankind.

> for a discussion about anything, would teach me a great deal about use of expletives on modern language.

That's not fair, Digger. Rigger (and a number of other posters similar to him like Gardner67 and Hannibal137) might be raging bastards when they posts, but they are far from stupid. Don't judge them based on the language they uses. Education is a commodity in some communities. I'm living proof of that. I come from a poor neighborhood in the inner city. When I talk to my friends from back home, I sound alot like Rigger, because those friends from home are not going to understand all of the vocabulary I have acquired in my college studies. They just never had the chance to learn the way I did, through no fault of their own.

"I choose to spare lives and to help ease the burden of a monstrous existence where I am able"

You yourself confirm that it is not just about killing. What I did not say is that there is no killing involved.

"That's not fair, Digger. Rigger (and a number of other posters similar to him like Gardner67 and Hannibal137) might be raging bastards when they posts, but they are far from stupid."

I never once called rigger stupid. I think he is rude, and uses expletives unneccessarily. I am quite sure he is not stupid, or I believe he would be dead, given his occupation.

Please be a little more thorough with your reading if you want to set about correcting people en masse, bookworm. I am not ill-educated myself, even if I haven't been long at the supernatural business.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  traveler72 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:03 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
From: traveler72
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

I don't know many eloquent words like you do, God. Hell, I can barely keep up with you half the time unless I got me a second window open with Dictionary.com up. But I know one thing that I think you might have forgotten, brother.

I know how to be human. What you call weakness is my strength. I ain't nothing special, and I don't want to be nothing special. Guess that means I won't be having a beer with you when this is all over. But you know what? As long as I did the right thing when I do draw my final breath, I'm okay with that. I'll last as long as I can, and I'll worry about what caught up to me when it catches up. Do me a favor and save a 40 to pour out for me, will ya?

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  bookworm55 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
From: bookworm55
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

Roe:

Of course, as a whole behavior such as using explosives to destroy something like a family planning clinic is deplorable on any level. My point is that you simply do not know whether he has actually done it or not. You're speaking from a position of certainty that you cannot possess, and have both judged him and attempted to take action which are unmeritted based on the actual knowledge of the situation you currently possess.

I highly respect your position and your courage, Roe. But I cannot condone your knee-jerk reaction. It is equally as prejudiced as Crusader's own incessant remarks that denounce liberal thinkers and feminists. I too have spoken out against Crusader's narrow-minded views, but I have made a point to not judge any of his actions based on the hearsay of others. Vitriol is common here, as is dishonesty for the sake of security. You truly must take everything you see here with a grain of salt, even some of the information you receive that deals with monsters. As a prime example, if you were to ask a few of the Imbued like Hunter9 or Gardner67 about me in confidence, they would tell you that I eat babies with my vampire girlfriend on Saturday nights. I don't actually have a vampire girlfriend (and it should be obvious that I don't eat babies), but because I have actually had a social relationship with a female Afflicted that fits the designation of "vampire", I get branded as a traitor to the Mission by these vitriolic zealots. Would you do the same, in the interest of attempting to modify the views you do not approve of?

I might add that my contact with this "vampire" woman has garnered quite a bit of first-person physical information concerning these creatures for the Imbued community. I have always posted what information I have obtained without censure. If these Imbued who do no approve of my behavior were to have their way, we would all be deprived of those observations I make, as I would be dead at worst, banned from the list as a traitor at the least.

Moving to a different topic in your reply, I can say that I understand what you meant when you said "again" after stating your frustration at having to explain your stance on Crusader's behavior. My mind has not changed on the subject. As you mentioned twice- "A good idea stands up to scrutiny." Having to repeat or reiterate those ideas is scrutiny. I was simply trying to give you advanced warning that many will question or denounce your ideas, so you will have to brace for the frustration that you will need to repeat yourself if you want to find validation. Granted, I became mildly aggravated myself, as I have spent the last couple years forced to validate... repeatedly... my beliefs on this very site. And I still get attacked regularly, even though I believe I have proven my worth to a significant portion of the community. I am human too, and so I allowed my own frustrations to be felt by you. I apologize for my waspish behavior.


Digger:

No, sir, I do not confirm that it is not just about killing, because I know that in the end, all we do is choose to kill or not to. Even if we choose to attempt to save an Afflicted, all we are doing is protecting them from being killed by another of our kind. The bottom line of The Mission is always killing. Please refrain from attempting to take inferrence from my posts that suit your own argument. I get enough of people like Crusader, Memphis and God trying to twist my words and read into my posts as is. I am sorry, but I will not tolerate it from someone who has a post count in the single digits. With all due respect, you seem to be a very intelligent individual; please do not insult my intelligence by trying to dictate my own thoughts and words back to me as you wish them to be.

> I never once called rigger stupid. I think he is rude, and uses expletives unneccessarily. I am quite sure
> he is not stupid, or I believe he would be dead, given his occupation.

You didn't need to. Your attempt to correct him and chastize him for using colorful wording, as well as resorting to the tired old meme of "correcting" his post clearly shows a marked distain and condescention. I assure you that this can only be perceived as an attempt to dismiss him as ignorant or stupid. Your mannerisms and tone remind me of one of my professors from my Freshman year of college, Digger.

All he saw was a dumb gang-banger nigger from the 'hood, no matter what my work said to the contrary.

> Please be a little more thorough with your reading if you want to set about correcting people en masse,
> bookworm. I am not ill-educated myself, even if I haven't been long at the supernatural business.

Resorting to a polite form of "Reading comprehension ftw" isn't going to engender any sense of good will here, Sir. More importantly, it's not going to win you any friends.

I believe I have said all I wish to say to you, Sir. Please, by all means feel free to respond.

Do not expect a reply.

-bw55
avatar
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  rigger111 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Yeah, okay. This got ugly in typical Hunter-net fashion. So a few comments then maybe I'll go take a walk and see if I can find me a Rot to pummel. This place is getting more fucking depressing than an German funeral again.

I don't need you to defend me Bookworm. The guy is a bigger asshole than me and we all know it. He just hides behind big words and a smarmy tone. He's pretty much Sixofswords29 only he hasn't figured out yet that he NEEDS loudmouths like me to do his fighting for him so he doesn't get his manicure ruined.

Thanks, but no thanks. Now go put your tampon in and take some Midol, it sounds like you got your Womaly Time today.

Yeah... by the way, Digger? "Fix" another one of my posts, and I'll be talking to Witness1 about your ass. That's a no-no, bitch, and I'm not afraid to make sure you pay for the mistake. Putting words in someone else's mouth around here, even if you THINK you're joking, is deadly fucking business. I make enough enemies without some fucktard like you making it look like I said shit that I didn't.

And to head it off at the pass-

Fuck you Cabbie. I damn well will go running to Momma Witness over this tight-ass little prick if he pulls that shit again. You know as well as I do that it's Not. Fucking. Cool.(tm)


Sorry, Roe. I'd love to continue our little debate about just how dry a fuck you probably are, but our dearest pal Digger here took all the fun out of it.

And last but not least-

God, you're fucking sick. Get some help, you psycho fuck.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  digger481 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:50 am

Bookworm. "Sir". You accuse me of taking your words and forming my own meaning, having done exactly that yourself. In originally deciding to reply in correction of my post, because you decided the meaning you construed from it was incorrect, you started this whole dissection of my simply put initial exchange with someone who wasn't even you for your benefit, so let's not hear the holier-than-thou downtrodden speech interlaced with "reasons why I'm better than you" - it's not going to win you any friends you condescending bastard. The only reason I can see for your replying to me at all is because you feel some need to get your kicks out of treading on those below for a change since you think you were so hard-done-by in your schooling. You aren't the only one with problems in your past, and you would do well to stop trying to be more equal than those around you.

Hell, if I want to follow your example, I could point out that you obviously think rigger is a spineless whelp who needs you to ride up on your charger and save him from the mean forum poster who's obviously questioning his manliness. Would that be enough of an example? Probably not, because your definition of right is obviously so clear cut correct, I have no chance of even coming close. Why? Because you've got a higher post count than me. Well blow me down, if you're not the grandest little troll this forum has ever seen.

You seem as closed-minded and insulting as rigger any day of the week. If you assume I think him stupid, you can definitely assume I think the same thing of you. It is my turn to offer not to reply to you again. Since post count is very important to you, and we've replied to each other equally, surely this post will set us both fair and square. If you choose to reply, you choose to continue this worthless exchange of words.

Good day to you, "Sir".



Rigger. I had no idea it was bad form, perhaps that is a portion of the rules I missed. My mistake, and apologies. I assure you it won't happen again.

You read my smarmy tone if you must. I use proper English in my written word, and if that makes me smarmy I'm a-ok with it. When it comes to the crunch, I'm sure I'll meet your standards of willingness to get the job done.

Oh, and for reference, you're right about one thing. My ass is quite tight. No rear access, sweetcakes.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  traveler72 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:24 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
From: traveler72
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

You're trying to save the world again Bookworm. People don't want to be saved. They want their comfortable little lies.

That wasn't a typo by the way. Keep telling yourselves that the other guy is at fault. That he shouldn't be butting in. That he's the one twisting words.

> Rigger. I had no idea it was bad form, perhaps that is a portion of the rules I missed. My mistake, and
> apologies. I assure you it won't happen again.

It's not "bad form", Digger. That's far too lenient a term. Doing something like you did has nearly gotten a few members of this list killed in the past. I put good money on it actually having gotten someone killed, in fact. By their own kind, I mean. "He-said, She-said" gets taken way out of hand here. Guys like Rigger, they end up having to watch their back from guys who should be calling them "ally", as well as things who should be running scared from them. That ain't no way to have to live, but because we're all just human, it's what happens. Matter of fact, even I ain't immune to it. Thanks to what he said about me and our Vancouver incident, next time I see Rigger in the flesh, I'm probably going to have to spend alot of time counting to ten to avoid knocking him the fuck out. I only pray I'll be a better man when the chips are down and I gotta watch his back. But the reality is that I might let my real human emotions make me hesitate that split second that could mean life or death for both of us.

This ain't no game, folks. People die out there every day. You're going to die doing this too if you ain't careful. These kind of flamewars.. I just don't know. They seem so pathetic and trivial when you're staring down the Reaper every time you catch up with a rot or a flicker or something. This kind of topic means so damn much to normal folks, but to us... what the fuck good is talking about abortion or religious beliefs or equal rights or even racism when you might be dead with your guts in a steaming pile on the ground in front of you?

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  god45 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
from: god45
subject: Social Imperatives

> God, you're fucking sick. Get some help, you psycho fuck.

Sticks and Stones, Rigger. Sticks and Stones.

Another example of social imperative. You do not wish to admit to either myself or those around you that you know I am correct in my observations, because I get results. You use the same methods I do, however you try to delude yourself into believing that I am the one who needs help because I choose to accept that I have thrown off societal conventions in favor of getting results.

You denounce me because you fear me. Why? Because I have accomplished that which you are too weak to do. You see me as a misanthrope; sick in the head and infirm. In actuality, I have simply chosen to perceive the world in a way which does not include the preconceptions laid out by our Enemy to control us. They tell you to obey the laws. Obey your morals. Obey ethics as laid out by Them. Obey. Obey! OBEY! That is all they want from you. And like lambs to the slaughter, the chattel follow them, wrapping the chains around themselves and walking to the abattoir willingly.


Now, it's lesson time again.

Look carefully at Bookworm and Digger's exchange, Children.

Look at the end result.

Two Chosen have mutually agreed to ignore each other over an argument of trivial ethical consideration. A "Scout" who provides significant information to the Mission and a "Warrior" who seeks to exploit the Enemy's collective weakness have parted ways over what amounts to worthless sentimentality.

Who wins?

Two Chosen are now weakened. The community as a whole is now weakened as these two egoes have clashed and prevented us from gaining further insight as a whole. Both are now distracted as their emotions cloud their judgment and they think about how much they dislike or how little they respect one another. They will both make mistakes now.

And all for what? An argument over who put words in the others' mouth? No, not even that. They're arguing over who gets to assert his ego. They're arguing over who's idea should dominate socially.

Just as They have trained Bookworm and Digger to do since birth. You two have proven to be good little sheep. I'm sure the Enemy thanks you from the bottom of Its rotten, inhuman heart.
avatar
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  soldier91 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:27 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
From: soldier91
Subject: re: Social Imperatives


digger481, because I know we are all needed if we are going to win this war I am going to give you some free advice. Take it or leave it. It is not smart to piss on the one person on this list who is kind to everyone, no matter what beliefs they have. I understand that you are frightened, we are fighting monsters it makes sense that you would be. But lashing out here is not going to help you, the information and help you get here can keep you alive to fight another day. If you keep alienating everyone on this list you will prove God's point correct. You will be alone and then you will die.
avatar
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  potter116 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:12 pm

digger481 wrote:
You seem as closed-minded and insulting as rigger any day of the week. If you assume I think him stupid, you can definitely assume I think the same thing of you. It is my turn to offer not to reply to you again. Since post count is very important to you, and we've replied to each other equally, surely this post will set us both fair and square. If you choose to reply, you choose to continue this worthless exchange of words.

Good day to you, "Sir".

Bookworm is one of the nicest men you will ever have the privalige of meeting and you are stupid enough to dismiss him. You are an idiot. You are one of those bullies who dream of being half the man that bookworm is. I see you have no problem dishing out the crap that comes out of your mouth, but god forbid someone calls you on being the hypocrite that you are. My IQ is getting smaller just looking at the words that you type. Go play Whack-a-mole with your monsters, it's all you're good for.

potter116
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  rigger111 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:41 pm

> My IQ is getting smaller just looking at the words that you type. Go play Whack-a-mole with
> your monsters, it's all you're good for.


See? I told you she was a bitch...


> Rigger. I had no idea it was bad form, perhaps that is a portion of the rules I missed.
> My mistake, and apologies. I assure you it won't happen again.


Apologies mean more when you don't follow them up with justifications and playing defensive, Chief. I don't rightly give a shit if you're a killer or a talker, to be honest. I only give a shit about the fact that you're blind. Wake the fuck up, or you're going to start catching some of the shitstorm I catch around here. You don't want a piece of that, man. You do NOT want a piece of that. These people WILL watch your back if you ask them to real nice-like, but some of them will also fuck your world up behind your back while smiling at you the whole time.

You can talk theory if you want. Talk fucking morals all damn day long. Doesn't matter. It's still just fucking TALK. And most of us can tell when someone who's talking ain't actually SEEN the shit that's out there. Even little pussies like Bookworm or Tree-hugging cunts like Potter aren't going to put up with that kind of shit talk for long.


No God, I'm not fucking afraid of you. I'm not even fucking afraid to become you. You're just fucking bent, and I wanted to overstate the fucking obvious.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bringing me into it

Post  hannibal137 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:01 pm

"That's not fair, Digger. Rigger (and a number of other posters similar to him like Gardner67 and Hannibal137) might be raging bastards when they posts, but they are far from stupid. - Bookworm55"

Since I have been brought up in this conversation, what does it matter if i am a bastard or that my language is "course" if the information or questions I put forth are of use?

Answer: IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!

So Digger get the fuck off your high horse. If I wanted (or Rigger or God or any other shitheel on this list), I could play all nice nice and use "proper" words. If the information is good use your pea-brain to extract the "no-no words" and use the information, or in the case of Bookworm you use your brain to extract his lovey dovey attitude. I may not like the way Bookworm operates but his information is good and allows all of us to do what we were chosen to do.

Roe the above advice works for you too when dealing with Crusader. Ignore his (useless) ideals and use his information.

Now i am done playing around with you kiddies I have important work to do. Like keeping the fucking unnatural freaks away.

hannibal137
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  SixofSwords29 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:34 pm

digger481 wrote:Well blow me down, if you're not the grandest little troll this forum has ever seen. You seem as closed-minded and insulting as rigger any day of the week.

Digger,

Take a good long look at what you have just written and then re-read the posts of other forum users such as Rigger, Crusader and Hannibal. Bookworm is one of the single nicest people you can meet. He believes in the good in all things - even in monsters. If you read his responses to new users you will see that he genuinely wants to help newcomers - those that are overcome by the fear and confusion that our new condition inflicts upon us.

I have had the honour of meeting him and calling him a friend and he is an ally the likes of which we could all hope for.

There are plenty of posters here whose behaviour borders on the monstrous. However, you have managed to make an enemy of one of the genuine white hats here. Bookworm's a good man - if your pride isn't too much of an obstacle I'd suggest contacting him - either on the boards or privately - and make ammends.

SoS29
avatar
SixofSwords29
New user
New user

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum