Dogma

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Dogma

Post  stella142 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 pm

SoS and I have this whole "friendly rivalry" thing going on and while we often fight tooth and nail over the most trival - and not so trivial - issues (I still say you're wrong over what you think is hiding out in Ipswich, SoS) but on this occasion I'm coming down firmly on his side.

Digger, calm your smalls and chill out! Bookworm is one of the most straight up guys you could hope to meet, and here you are mouthing off at him over - what? Semantic differences? Seriously mate, let it go! There's a lot of folk here have a lot of time for Bookworm, and making an enemy of him means that you're going to piss off a lot of potential allies.

You seem like a bright guy but I'm guessing this whole imbuing business has shaken you. That's cool. Take a few deep breathes, sit down and relax. Ultimately, we're all in this together, and believe me when I say you'll need all the allies you can get. Although people like SoS and Witness bang on about unity, you'll find that those of us that share this little online community tend to fall into several camps. Based on what I've seen from your postings you're looking like one of the theorists - a guy like Witness, Bookworm or SoS. By all means debate the finer points of our new existence with them, but don't go out of your way to make enemies of them. Save that for prejudiced dickheads like Crusader who use their imbuing as an excuse to peddle their own filthy beliefs.

Make the first move and straighten this mess out.
stella142
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:00 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

I'm not sure what to say now. I never imagined a reaction like this.

I made a mistake. I'm sorry.
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 am

I've never held a grudge and I'm not about to start.

Bookworm, I let my temper get the better of me. For what it's worth, I'm not normally so aggressive. I must confess to being a bit unmanned by all this. The good money goes on all that sounding a poor excuse, and it'd be well placed bet.

What's important is that it wasn't acceptable behavior, and I'm sorry.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:15 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Social Imperatives

And the final act plays out in our experiment. The most important lesson is to be learned right here.

Every social construct requires leadership. Leadership can be determined by observing specific qualities in a given individual. The most obvious being Might. The most common being Deception. The most effective being Diplomacy.

Four individuals have posted in an attempt to show solidarity to a member of their "community". Their social construct. Each of these individuals considers himself a leader in one way or another. Others within the body of the community also consider them leaders to one extent or another. A "Talker" who preaches of a higher power, a "Protector" who speaks of creating lasting shelter, a "Thinker" who seeks to unveil all of the secrets our Enemy possesses, and a 'Director" who seeks to guide the community to actions.

All in defense of a single scout. Or, in outrage at the audacity of a newcomer... an Outsider.

This is the most powerful weapon our Enemy has developed: Social Division. You make your sentimental judgments against the newcomer because he had the temerity of attacking one of your own. No matter how diplomatic, supportive or fiery your other words may have been, you have all reminded this individual that he is new. That he is not yet one of you.

There are two flaws within the bounds of your actions.

First- You have set yourselves apart from the Unwashed Masses by exclusion. You have found an anomaly between yourselves and those who are yet Blinded. In doing so, you have proceeded to delude yourselves into believing that this physical circumstance is what makes you different.

Second- You act like your "little club" is exclusive. That you can afford to be selective. Credit where credit is due, here: Soldier91 points the fact out that you cannot be exclusive. That all of you will be required to accomplish this Mission.

The truth of your "difference" is that you all, to the last, possess the ability to rip the last of the cobwebs from your eyes. That you can step outside the social construct created by the Enemy. That neither your powers nor your philosphies mean anything in the face of this glaring light of simply knowing the Truth.

The single most insidious means to bring down a society and keep it controllable is Social Division. The act of making "packs" out of like-minded individuals who choose to keep others outside their "circle" until such time as the outsider exhibits traits that the "unit" finds favorable.

And who determines which "applicants" are suitable to a "community"?

Why... the leader, of course. He is the one who will determine the criteria for entry into the "community", and the "community" itself will bow down to his wishes, as he has proven strongest, most diplomatic, or the most cunning among them.

Do you see the mistake you have now made, Children? Do you see how you serve your Masters like good little slaves?

Allow me to spell it out for you.

You have placed a stigma on the Newcomer. In responding to "rally to the defense" of your little scout, you have forever cast doubt upon the Outsider. He will never truly assimilate into your "society" now. There will always be a tiny, nearly imperceptible divisive line between himself and your "society" of monster hunters. All because you wanted to maintain the illusion that you are "civil". All because you want the comfort that the Enemy's constructed paradigm affords you.

Each of you are responsible for perpetuating our collective weakness. All of you have been tricked into following the Grand Plan of the Enemy. Learn your lessons well, Children. Someday maybe, you will come together as we are meant to be. Someday, we will bring forth a new construct. One free of the corrupting influence of your masters.

This, Roe, is my dogma:

The past is Weakness. A burden to hold Mankind back. Shed it, and become the instrument of Change.
The future is Liberation. Cleanse this world of the taint, and pave the way for Glory.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  potter116 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:38 pm

While I admit that my gut reaction was to protect my friend and that I may have reacted a bit strongly. I can not agree with your conclusions god. I think that our strongest tool to help our planet, and those who walk it (human and afflicted) is our humanity. Our ability to forgive and our ability to love.

I don't agree that digger will never find a home here or that the rest of us will hate him for all eternity over this. I have seen many people find forgiveness after a mistake, if someone is truly remorseful then their sins will not be held against them. As a community we can rise above the fear and confusion and find a place of peace and love. With this we can reach out and touch the lives of those who need it most. Those who are sick and in need of our compassion. Both human and afflicted.

potter116
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hannibal137 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:12 am

God I wasn't defending Bookworm I was defending the fact that his information is good. The same with Crusader. If you remove Crusaders holy rants and Bookworms fluffy bunny outlook you can get solid information that is usable by all of us doing our mission.

I can't yet say the same for Digger because he is new. I don't mean to say he is useless just that he has yet to provide solid information. Hell we were all new and had to learn before providing information.

Ok so time to be nice(ish). Digger learn from the "old-timers" dig out the good information and ignore the ideologies you don't agree with. DO NOT give up on this message board and DO NOT give up on your mission. You are here to protect the normals from the freaks. How you do it is your business.

You don't have to like us and we don't have to like you (it's helpful to get along though) we all just need to get our shit together and protect Humanity.

There I am done being nice.

God it was YOUR experiment not ours. You are the dumb fuck that started this shit in this thread. You are the asshole, that appearently, tried to drive the wedge between others on this list. THEN you preach to us how bad we were! Fucking asshole. Is it your Mission to show us how morally wrong we are or is it your Mission to protect Humanity? Do your fucking job and leave the morality to each of us to decide for ourselves. Oh and there is more than one way to do the Mission. Some are proactive some are defensive and some do the talking, as much as I dislike the attitude personally it is a valid approach and gathers intel we all need.

hannibal137
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:11 am

Way I figure it, a drink down the bar would fix most of the damage done here. Maybe I'm not giving a quick head-to-head on a forum enough credit

Seriously, though, I'm way short of giving up on anything. It's not every day you find out you're built for rooting out stuff that shouldn't exist by normal reckoning. It's taking some time, but it's starting to sink in. I'm rising to stuff I wouldn't have batted an eyelid at before the change, and all I can say is I'm sorry.

I realise I know jack shit, and first on my agenda is fixing that. So, I'll be hanging around for a while. Let me know when y'all fancy that drink.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, in that case, welcome back Digger. Don't go wandering off amigo.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

subject: re: Social Imperatives

You fail to note one salient point as you cry out against my observations:

I stated that your sentimentality is a burden. The only way I could have "instigated" is if you cared in the first place. Your consideration for such drivel prompted many of you to respond in vitriolic, ill-conceived fashion, to point fingers and cast aspersions.

Yes, I manipulated a number of you into acting out against each other.

Why?

To show you how dangerous holding onto your beliefs and sentimentality are. I was able to lead you into arguing amongst each other, casting threats at one another, and even to ostracize one of your own. In essence, I have successfully damaged your ability to place trust in one another.

Your Enemy will engage in this type of warfare without hesitation. Do you think a monster would stop to tell you that it engaged in this manipulation, were you to experience this out in the field?

No, it would exploit your weakness. It would play upon your divisive nature. Then it would kill you while you are each separated and vulnerable.

Class dimissed.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 am

Why do you hunt, God?

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:46 am

digger481 wrote:Why do you hunt, God?

Oh jeez. Don't get him started.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 am

Sorry Cabbie, I wanna know. I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to find out what he's about, if he's going to tell us to throw down all our baggage and do what he says, in abandonment of every perspective but his.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:28 am

Dude... you're missing the point. That fucking whack-job doesn't have a perspective. He goes into every single hunt with NOTHING in his mind except for "Find it. Learn It's Weakness. Kill it." I may antagonize that fucker on the list, but believe you me, Slappy... I would NOT want to meet God45 in a fucking dark alley. Word on the street is that the guy's about as human as the fucking Terminator.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:33 am

subject: Response to "Why?"

> Why do you hunt, God?

My eyes were opened in a very intimate setting. In the one shining moment of absolute clarity I faced that night, I saw the corruption that is destroying our world laid bare. I was shown, in my first target, what must be done. What must be sacrificed in order to bring forth a world of true freedom for Humanity. These "Messengers" showed me my own future, and when they removed the blinders from my eyes, I was prepared.

I Hunt because the world requires I do so. Mankind cries out to be free. To make this a reality, we who have been Called must tear down the old conventions and cut away the rot from within. Only then can the body which is this world heal and bring forth a new future.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  digger481 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:13 am

Sounds to me like you're taking it all on faith then. Good to know.

Thanks for answering.

digger481
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Social Imperatives

Usually, I can tolerate your headgames and bullshit, God, because I just figure that it's your bent and you ain't going to be too destructive. This time, though, Bro, I got something to say.

Cut the shit. No, seriously. Knock it the fuck off. You crossed a fucking line with this one, just so you could stroke your ego and make yourself feel superior. This had nothing to do with teaching any lessons in Hunting. This was all about getting the fucking one-up.

Know how I know?

You responded to the "Why" question. You never respond to those.

So what's your real game, motherfucker? Spill, cause if you keep trying to play it, I'm going to start calling yo ass out on it.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  capricorn432 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 pm

He probably wants me to say it, but God45 really gives me the heebyjeebys. Has anyone met him in person? If so is this just some kind of tough guy act brought on by the fact he's hiding behind an alias on the internet. Knowing that there was actually someone out there that cold is probably more of a revelation than I need.

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 am

I've been thinking about this a lot. Thats why I've not been posting a hell of a lot.

War brings out the best and worst in people. Just like any other high-stress situation conflict is going to happen. Like it or not thats one big reason why in the service there is a chain of command, as I see it this is no different.

Sure, maybe I don't agree completely. I fight for something that was dear to me before the call, that gives me strength. But it sounds like God45 does too, and it sounds like the rest of you do. Whether you're soldiers like me, scouts, medics or whatever.

Fact is, it doen't take too much in the way of smarts to recognise we've been given weapons, skills, "edges" or whatever that compliment one another. First off I listened to my gut, shot my mouth off at the scouts and medics out there; but sometimes I guess you gotta think with your head. Hell, if I listened to my gut all the time then I'd get so pissed each time I see one of the enemy I'd get myself killed.

My point is, God45 gives me the heebejeebes sometimes too. Crusader17's bible thumping pisses me off, and hell if he's gone AWOL then I'd be packing up my bags to hunt him down. End of the day though, thats my gut talking; we have a chain of command (of sorts) here.

The others out there like me with 400 somethin or more after their names should just buckle down and pull it together. Someone finds out Crusader17 really did blow up a clinic, then email Witness and it'll be taken from there. In the service you're CO does something you think is wrong, you file a report and their CO looks into it, that way you can carry on with your job without wasting time that could be better spent. Just filter out the bullshit, and read the messages for shit you can use.

Buck.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eastendboy482 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 am

We have a chain of command (of sorts) here... The others out there like me with 400 somethin or more after their names should just buckle down and pull it together.

I hope to fuck you're not saying what it sounds like you're saying. A number on a fucking message board - on the bloody internet! - does not confer seniority. Bollocks to that, mate. There's no sodding correlation between when I got my Specs and when I got my log-in, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Just filter out the bullshit, and read the messages for shit you can use.

Amen. Although given the amount of shit flying round here, I'm glad someone's got the time to filter through it all. Give yourself a bloody medal. I'm certainly not going to try playing catch-up after reading this little 4-page soap opera.

eastendboy482
New user
New user

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 am

> He probably wants me to say it, but God45 really gives me the heebyjeebys. Has anyone met him in person?

Trust me, he don't want to scare you. He wants you to be like him. Which will fucking scare you more. Dumb prick doesn't even realize he makes shit worse by trying to improve on the original.

> If so is this just some kind of tough guy act brought on by the fact he's hiding behind an alias on
> the internet. Knowing that there was actually someone out there that cold is probably more of a
> revelation than I need.

We wouldn't know if we met him even if we had. God won't give up that level of anonymity. He wouldn't tell you his real name if he did meet you either. What I CAN tell you is that he's been around for a long time. His methods are effective at keeping his ass alive even while he actually KILLS. He always leaves a mark in places where he's been, in the form of HOW he clears out the monsters in a city. You'll know it when you see it. I ain't going to risk that motherfucker taking me seriously by fucking explaining it.

> I've been thinking about this a lot. Thats why I've not been posting a hell of a lot.

Well shit... a SMART poster on the internet? Someone call the Guinness Book.

> There's no sodding correlation between when I got my Specs and when I got my log-in, and I bet I'm not
> the only one.

Okay then, Toughguy. Gimme a fucking date so I can laugh my ass off. You're the kind of pylon that really makes my day, Chumpstain. Every last fucking one of us gets LED here. And almost always, it's the FIRST time we sit down at a computer from when we get the Call. The numbers are sequential. That means, if you were tapped then didn't sit down at a computer for a year or two, you weren't fucking bright enough to actually do some fucking research on what you are and what you're hunting. So by saying you got the Call long before you found Hunter-net, you're fucking admitting to being a god damned idiot.

Or better yet... you'd be admitting to the fact that you're not willing to share your information on the Hunt or on Monsters. And that makes you look like an even bigger dickhead

My point? Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. You ain't going to get no respect here unless you SHOW that you either KNOW the Game or that you're willing to be TAUGHT about it. Fucking pylon.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eastendboy482 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am

Okay then, Toughguy. Gimme a fucking date so I can laugh my ass off.

I don't share shit about me or mine. You've been around longer than me, and I know it. I'll listen to you, when you're saying anything remotely fucking useful, not just being an arrogant forum troll.

You're the kind of pylon that really makes my day, Chumpstain.

Pylon, is it? Fuck you. I didn't need to be here. One of my group got led here; no point in us all sitting in front of a screen sifting the shit. I don't like computers much, I don't need them to deal with the problems bang in front of me - and I'm still here and fucking dealing with them. Course, my little birdy's dead now, so I drew the short straw of seeing what the latest brand of useful information on here was. Lucky fucking me.

You ain't going to get no respect here unless you SHOW that you either KNOW the Game or that you're willing to be TAUGHT about it. Fucking pylon.

I don't need your respect, Rigger. Do I give a shit what some fuckhead in another country thinks ? Do I cock.

eastendboy482
New user
New user

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:05 am

subject: re: Response to "Why?"

No, Digger. I am not taking it on faith. I was being quite literal when I said that the Messengers have shown me the future, and that I know what must be done. The first thing they showed me came to pass within mere hours of my imbuing, and events played out exactly as they were shown, right to the point where I was given the opportunity to act. I have no delusions of the absolute veracity of the Heralds. Even they must prove themselves to me, or I ignore their Calls and act as I see fit. Further, I have no preconceived notion of what they are. Many call them Angels; to me, they are nothing more than an intangible force which has done me only the favor of allowing me to choose for myself in a world where free choice is an illusion. They have afforded me an opportunity, nothing more. I am not beholden to them, as people like Crusader would have you believe. I will not trade one master for another, and neither should you.

traveler72 wrote:
> So what's your real game, motherfucker? Spill, cause if you keep trying to play it, I'm going to start
> calling yo ass out on it.

This is an imprudent course of action Traveler. You have tolerated me, and I have tolerated your moral proselytizations as well. Do not make the mistake of assuming I am like the other sheep you have gathered to mother. You may find that I can become quite impatient with mollycoddling, and that I have the means by which to ensure that my vision is executed to my satisfaction, rather than your own.

In other words- stay out of my business, Traveler.. or I will make a point of getting into yours.

capricorn432 wrote:
> Has anyone met him in person? If so is this just some kind of tough guy act brought on by the fact
> he's hiding behind an alias on the internet.

Rigger is correct in his speculations. I make a point of retaining my anonymity, even going so far as to mask my identity from other imbued. That way, should you be compromised, then you will not take me down with you.

The label "tough guy" is meaningless to me, aside from elliciting a slight amount of humor. I am what I am. I know what I know through hard choices, experience and extensive observation. You can learn from what I post, or you can make your own way. Should you choose to disregard my information, the you will survive if you are lucky enough. But you are unlikely to flourish. You will only survive.

buck413 wrote:
> My point is, God45 gives me the heebejeebes sometimes too.

"Sometimes". It would seem that you do see the necessity of casting off the trappings of the past. However, you still need to take further steps to shed the weakness. Listen well: Do not allow what you see in the hunt to wear away your determination. Finish shedding this extraneous baggage for your own sake. The Hunt will swallow you if you don't.

eastendboy482 wrote:
> on the bloody internet! - does not confer seniority. Bollocks to that, mate. There's no sodding correlation
> between when I got my Specs and when I got my log-in, and I bet I'm not the only one.

In your specific case, perhaps not. In most cases, such is exactly how it plays out. Either way, do not deny the fact that active posters to this list have either been hunting for a long time, or have been collating data for those who have. This list is a resource, and you obviously have little understanding of just what uses it provides. You will likely regret this short-sightedness in the future.

The hunt does not begin and end with stalking the Enemy and killing it. It begins with ensuring the survival of those who engage in it, and it ends with ensuring the continued prosperity of those who engage in it. The killing occurs somewhere in the middle.

More importantly, this list will give you insights into your potential allies as well as your enemies. Someday, you may receive or require assistance in the Hunt from any one of these posters. Perhaps, you may even receieve assistance from me. Should that occur, it would behoove you to have some idea of their capabilities and personalities before you actually are forced to trust them with your life.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier91 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm

subject: re: dogma

I do not appreciate being used in your social experiment. I get enough of that from the monsters I fight every day. I expect better from a brother in the war.
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:00 pm

> I don't share shit about me or mine. You've been around longer than me, and I know it. I'll listen to you,
> when you're saying anything remotely fucking useful, not just being an arrogant forum troll.

I'll be happy to give out some useful information when you stop acting like an arrogant forum troll, fucktard.

I can play "call the other guy out for being an unproductive fuckwit" too, Slapnuts. Difference is, you're the only one who hasn't actually provided anything of use around here. So fuck off and crawl back into your hole.

> Pylon, is it?

Yeah. Pylon. You know? A chunk of rock that just sits around blocking people from going somewhere. That'd be you right now.

> I didn't need to be here.

Well if you're so all-fucking-knowing then start proving it. Otherwise, shut your fucking piehole and keep sifting for information.

> Do I give a shit what some fuckhead in another country thinks ? Do I cock.

I'm the arrogant one?

You fucking moron. First, you assume I'm not in YOUR country. Second, you just gave me another fucking clue to which country YOU are in. "Eastendboy" was a pretty fucking good start, by the way. And don't worry your pretty little head over it, but I know what it really means. You're not going to last long, dipshit. You can't even keep a secret from a guy who's poking you with a stick for a laugh. You'd end up giving up your grandma's girdle size to a "copper" who tries interrogating your ass, all the while thinking you had the one up on him.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sweetpea206 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:06 pm

You're not going to last long, dipshit

Don't worry, Rigger honey, I'll keep him out of trouble.

And I'll try not to let him get anywhere near a keyboard again to bother you. Modern tech really doesn't agree with him.

sweetpea206
New user
New user

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next