For the Record

Go down

For the Record

Post  rigger111 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: Setting the Record Straight

Okay. I'm going fucking crazy with boredom and my leg itches like a motherfucker right now. I need to do SOMETHING to take my mind off this shit while my healing Edge deals with those bites I got. Taking a walk two nights ago was a bad fucking idea I guess. Tore up the insides bad, I think. So I got my room locked up tight, and I'm gonna tell you kiddies a story about something that happened a month or so ago.

See... you may of noticed that Traveler and me, we've been pissing back and forth about this thing that happened in Vancouver between us. And some of you may have noticed that Fisher ain't posting anymore.

That's because Fisher's dead, and that pussy Traveler is the one who shot him.

Now, maybe Fisher had it coming. He was one weird motherfucker. But he was straight when it came to the Hunt, and Traveler's ideas when this shit went down were just a little dodgy if you ask me. All I know is it ain't right to take the side of a Shapechanger's girlfriend over one of your own.

It started when Fisher puts out a call for Imbued to come help him track a Flicker up in Canuck land. Fucking frogs had five guys already, but they didn't think it was enough to bag one motherfucking Flicker. So I answer their call, since I happened to be doing a job up there for the company I was working for at the time. Besides, I had only been one of maybe five Hunter-net posters who had any serious experience with Flickers at that point, after the job I did on the trawler, and me and Soyboy are the only ones who'd ever seen a Flicker that wasn't a Wolfchanger ever. So they needed me anyway.

Turns out I weren't the only one who answered wussy boy's call. Traveler blew into town a couple days after we had started laying out the groundwork. We actually had a run-in with the fucker two days before Traveler and a couple other Imbued from Seattle, Coder and Lineman those were, blew in to help. At that point, I was kind of glad for the help. Fisher was a fucking pylon, and I was afraid I was gonna have to take the fucking thing on solo if he didn't get his shit together. Turns out I wouldn't be glad for it at the fucking end... fucking punk bitches.

So we spend a couple days tracking this fucker. Even after he tears up two of Fisher's buddies real good, he goes right back to this same routine. Looks like he had the hoits for this one freaky chick that he kept visiting. He'd go to her job, try to talk to her at home... freaking the bitch out pretty good, or so I figured at first. Traveler says he eyeballs the chick on the fourth day and that she's clean. Me, I ain't so sure at this point. This Flicker had it for her BAD, and that usually ain't the kind of shit you see unless it's a fucking stalker.

So Fisher comes up with the bright idea to talk to the bitch. I'm thinking this ain't so smart, since it tips our hand if she IS in cahoots with the flicker, but what the fuck am I gonna say? The bitch clearly got something wrong with her, even if she ain't showing to the Sight, and we need info on this motherfucker if we're going to waste his ass.

The job was real pro. Don't ask me where Fisher got the practice doing this, but he picked that bitch out of population like he'd been doing it his whole life. Next thing I know, I'm standing guard at the back door to a warehouse in the south end of Vancouver and Traveler, his buddy Pedro and Fisher are having a screaming match over what to do about her. Turns out Fisher wasn't happy with what she said or how much. All she gave was the flicker's name, and that he WAS stalking her. She could have easily got that from that dumbfuck Traveler though, he asked her that exact question three or four times... kind of in a leading way, if you get my drift. Fisher thought she was lying flat out. I thought she wasn't telling us the whole story. Fisher wanted to rough her up to get more out of her. Sounded like a plan to me... after all, the bitch was fucking a God Damned monster, for fuck's sake.

Traveler, the soft bitch that he is, wouldn't have any of it. He kept yelling how she was fucking human, and that she didn't know shit. The fucking candy-ass wanted us to just fucking let her go! Well, Fisher goes and does something stupid. Instead of just fucking nodding and smiling at Traveler and then dealing with this shit when we knew the fucking flicker was dead, he goes all up in Traveler's shit. This distracts those other four fuck-ups Fisher brought in who were supposed to be helping me guard the fucking doors, and then all Hell breaks loose.

Turns out the flicker shows up, and he's pissed. You know how they say Wolf changers can only do it during the full moon? Well that is total fucking BULLSHIT. It was the middle of the fucking afternoon and the moon wasn't nowhere near three-quarter, let alone full. And BAM... motherfucking half-wolf monstrocity, all teeth, claws, muscle and fur right in the middle of us.

Shit went down fast, but we took down the Flicker. Lineman, Coder and a couple of Fisher's buddies were a fine red mist and something that looked like Deviled Ham by the end of it, but we got the fucker down. I'm hearing sirens and I know what comes next if we don't fucking MOVE at that point. So I look at Fisher, since he wanted to be the fucking bigshot, and I ask him what we're gonna do witht he girl. He gets all fucking freaky on us and starts doing the bug-eyed shit saying we gotta kill her or she'll breed more. He's babbling like a fucking total nutcase, so I'm thinking maybe this ain't such a good idea to take her out anymore. She didn't see US after all, and we didn't use real names around her. Logic says we can just let her go. I don't really have the stomach for killing norms anyway, and I saw her during the fight with the Sight. She checked as normal. It was time to boogie and I didn't want no more bad karma on my conscience.

So Traveler and Fisher get into the screaming match again. I leave the motherfuckers alone for fifteen fucking seconds, I come back and Fisher's down with a fucking bullet in his head and Traveler's standing over him with a fucking smoking gun. The girl looks like she's dead, and Pedro's giving me the fucking hairy eyeball. I just fucking LEFT at that point. Nothing I could do. If I said any shit right there, I'd have wound up like Fisher.

Look, maybe he was a creep. I don't know, and I don't give a shit. All I know is that Traveler turned on one of our own. He shot another fucking Imbued, and he did it over a flicker's squeeze. That's the story, and that's why the two of us have been at each other. I still think he was a fucking shitbag for doing that. Going soft over a fucking monster fucker.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: For the Record

Post  capricorn432 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:59 am

Woah. That sounds pretty serious.

Traveler - what's your side of the story?

capricorn432
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 am

Subject: re: Setting the Record Straight

Are you fucking kidding me?! Motherfucker, you just CAN'T let this shit drop, can you? You lying sack of shit, Rigger. You just ain' happy unless you're stirring shit up, you dumb-ass, motherfucking cracker. I told you what happened, and you still just gotta make a federal fucking case of it.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Look Dude. I know what I fucking saw. You were soft on that fucking bitch, and you let it go to your fucking head. So I'm having a hard fucking time dealing with, alright asshole? I thought you were square. One of the fucking White Hats. Then you go and fucking blow Fisher's face off like that. What do you want me to think, motherfucker? You got fucking soft on the fucking enemy, fuckhole, and one of our own paid the price.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  potter116 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm

From what Rigger said, it sounds like Traveler was protecting a normal person from a monster who wanted to kill her. And I am sure, from personal experience, that Rigger's story is only half-truths and twisted.

potter116
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am

Yeah Rigger, you're usually full of shit. What gives Traveler? Is knucklehead on the money with this one?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 am

Subject: Rigger111 Can Kiss My Black Ass

You know what? Fuck this shit.

I am not going to stand for this jive-ass bullshit that motherfucker is trying to pull. That God damned psycho motherfucker is lucky I don't put his name up here and let every fucking Flicker in the Vancouver area come to gnaw on his punk ass. Calling me soft? Shit, he only thinks that because his fucking head is harder than a rock.

Here's what really happened. I was up in Vancouver, like he said, and I hooked up with him and Fisher like he said. Fisher told me they was following this one Flicker for months, and that it was a real bad one. He and his buddies woke up around it, and when they went for it went berserk. Turned into some ten foot monster and tore the shit out of every one of them except for Rigger and Fisher. So they went to get revenge on this Flicker, and I figure that's cool. I got no problem with that.

I arrange it so I'm up there to help them, and I bring my man Pedro with me. Fisher's got people from all over-- Coder and Lineman from Seattle. Those two, who fucking survived no thanks to you Rigger, you dumb fuck, can back up my story. A few other imbued who aren't on the net and a couple of Fisher's friends who I don't think got the Call.

Pedro wanted to charge right in and start kicking ass right away, but Fisher kept saying "no, you ain't seen how bad this thing is. We gotta be careful. We got to do it just right." Like a fucking broken record. So we wait, and we trail this guy for a couple days, and we see that 1) he's got no job, and 2) that he keeps coming by this one apartment where this woman lives alone. I took a good look, and I think she was clean-- not a flicker, not a rot, no stain, nothing I can lay a finger on. I just wanted to go after the flicker, but Fisher decides he wants to talk to the woman and see what she knows.

Now, I thought he was too eager. I could tell something about the idea of taking this woman made him hot. Back me up, Coder: did he, or did he not grab that woman off the street like he'd done it before? I got more and more bugged when he was tying her up-- I think he was copping feels. He just liked it all too much.

He starts acting like she's the enemy, but I don't think she knew much more than us and probably a lot less. She told us the flicker's name--Mike Stone, but he wanted her to call him "Running Water Stone" for some reason. She didn't even try to tough it out either. Once Fisher threatened her with a lit cigar, she told us everything she knew, and he still wanted to burn her to see if she was holding anything back. This wasn't no dead thing, people. This was a normal woman!

She said that Stone was basically stalking her. He kept asking her out, wouldn't take no for an answer, gave her all these weird gifts--like this hand-beaded indian skirt and native jewelry and shit, and kept talking about how she was "destined to be his". Stone told her that he can only have kids with "someone like her", whoever or whatever that is. She swore up and down that she hated the guy, that he scared her and that she for certain wasn't planning on having kids with him.

Pedro and me are telling Fisher to let her go. Rigger is backing him up. It was pretty tense. I won't front and say that I had any friendly feelings for Fisher, but it ain't like Rigger's saying that I was planning to kill Fisher because I was hot for the girl. That's just fucked up!

While Fisher's trying to get all bossy, Mike fucking Stone shows up at the warehouse where we had the girl, only he isn't looking like the guy we followed. He'd gone into ten-foot-tall, beastman terminator shape or something. None of us were ready... things got crazy. He took down a couple of Fisher's friends with two swipes of his claws. We was just lucky Pedro was there. While the rest of us were running around screaming--I was, I won't lie, and Rigger was too, we were all freaked-- Pedro takes up a crowbar, starts screaming bloody murder and goes toe-to-toe with it. That gave the rest of us time to snap out of it and put up the Sight, start popping out the edges, and it was still a bloody mess.

At one point the thing had a body by the ankles and it was using it like a club on Rigger. It shoved me back so hard that I broke two ribs. All the time it was kicking our asses, it kept yelling to the woman "I'll save you" and calling her "my love" and shit. We finally got it down and dead. We could hear sirens in the distance. I was trying to stand up when I hear Rigger ask "Well, what do we do about her?" I look over and there's Fisher pointing his gun right in her face.

"She's a risk," he says. She's screaming like crazy, saying she's not one of them, saying that she's innocent. I know it's true. So i point a gun at him--I think it was Lineman's gun, I lost track of him somewhere-- and I say " You do it, and you're a deadman." So yeah, I threatened him over the girl, but not like that lying fuck Rigger tried to make it sound.

Fisher looked at me. His eyes were all bright and wide. He was licking his lips like a kid at Christmas morning and he said "I have to kill her, cause if I don't she'll just breed more of those things. Don't you see? We got to kill the breeders, otherwise we'll be overrun."

By then, even Rigger was telling him not to do it, and Pedro was backing me up. Fisher made like he was snapping out of it, said we have to go before the cops showed up. The sirens were getting closer. He turned away. Pedro started helping me out. Rigger ran out the door. He was going to get the van. He wasn't even there when Fisher turned around suddenly and pulled his gun. I heard the girl scream but I wasn't quick enough. The swick fuck had a smile a mile wide when he shot her. So I shot him. I shot one of our own, and when he went down, I put a bullet in his brain. That's probably what Rigger saw looking back through the doorway. I'd do it again.

Listen good, Rigger. You got a problem with me, we can settle it. We can find a place somewhere and we can settle it once and for all. You got the balls, pick a place and cut out this cowardly bullshit, lying about me on the list. And one more thing: I'm watching the Seattle papers, motherfucker. If that girl is alive and she gets hurt any more, it's your ass. And you won't even see it coming.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:32 am

Okay, I'm man enough to admit when I might be wrong. But in this case, I'm only wrong about the details. Maybe you had some good fucking reasons to cap Fisher, Traveler, but that doesn't mean you actually DO cap the motherfucker. He was still an imbued. It's one thing to knock one of your own the fuck out for being a moron, a whole other ball of wax to coldly put a fucking slug in his head for it. Fuck man... even I know that.

So no, I ain't going to pick a place and settle up with you. You think you were right? Good fucking deal, Wyatt Earp.Maybe you were right, but I still don't like it. So I'm just going to stay the fuck away from you in case you get it in your head that maybe I crossed one fo your lines too. It ain't my fucking job to police your ass up. Cop90 can haul your ass in if he thinks you deserve it. That's his fucking job, not mine.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eastendboy482 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

Maybe you had some good fucking reasons to cap Fisher, Traveler, but that doesn't mean you actually DO cap the motherfucker. He was still an imbued.

Sometimes, that's not enough.

Sometimes, you have to act.

I'm not calling on Traveler - how the fuck should I know how it went down? Three sides to every story (and I don't I know it) - I'm just saying.

Don't rule it out, if that's what's necessary.

eastendboy482
New user
New user

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Confession time

Post  dirtypink324 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Sometimes, you have to act

I'll admit it, you had me convinced. Fuck, I ratted her out in the first place: she was shagging one of Them, and she'd been protecting him for months. Potter and Bookworm, you guys talk to Them, but get into bed with them? Literally? No, thought not. How wrong is that?

But I've been thinking recently. And I think maybe I was wrong.

Not to rat her out, fuck no. What she was doing was fucked in the head. She'd totally lost perspective, she had no goals beyond her pants. But helping you act? What the fuck was wrong with me? What the fuck was wrong with you? Why the hell did it never occur to any of us that what we needed to do was rescue her? Show her the error of her ways? Deal with him, certainly, but not bundle her in along with it.

What does that make us?

What have we turned into?

We can't even talk about it. We can barely be in the same room any more. We don't act as a unit, we don't agree on anything. We've become ineffective. Compromised. How can we trust each other - trust ourselves? - now we know what we're capable of?

So I'm here to out the lot of us. For our sins.

Eastendboy482, Sweetpea206 and I: we have blood on our hands. And I reckon until we find some sort of absolution, admit we need it, go and seek it, earn it - we're just as bad as those we hunt.

Traveler, you had a situation and a moment to act in; you had someone to defend. So did we, and we fucked it up. And now she's dead. I don't know if you sleep at night. I know I don't. And I fucking hate it.

dirtypink324
New user
New user

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

And what the fuck are YOU on about here? Come to think of it, who the fuck ARE you? No, seriously... what the fuck are you talking about? You pull a fucking Manchurian Candidate or something, or are you just fucking off on the self-pity party because you had to waste a real traitor?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sweetpea206 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Don't worry, Rigsybaby, she's not talking to you, just at you (or anybody else). She's just too wired to get her quotes straight.

'Pink, if you want to talk about this, come talk to me face to face. Vomiting your woes over the Internet won't make you feel any better, and it confuses the natives. And this "we can't talk about it, we can't even be in the same room" shit is all you. Me? I'm happy to see you and talk to you anytime.

sweetpea206
New user
New user

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org, sweatpea206@hunter-net.org
Subject: Talking

With respect, and the understanding that my advice is unsolicited, may I suggest that you avoid the blase, irreverent attitude when speaking to your obviously distraugth friend? I understand that people cope with things like this in different ways, and that your flippancy probably has something to do with your own coping mechanisms. What your friend needs right now is reassurances that what /she has done is something that was necessary. Your tone is likely making it more difficult for him or her to reach out to you.

I will not judge your actions. If you know my story, you know that I too fell for one of "Them" at one time. It is easier than you think, given that they are beautiful and seductive beyond human imaginings. And even the Second sight cannot protect you from simple humane emotion and attraction. But I suggest you do not judge mine either, as I have used my relationship with Phaedre to provide many of you with the means by which to hunt more effectively. Perhaps this is something you will consider when you next find yourself facing a supposed 'traitor"?
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:08 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re:Talking

I find it interesting that sweatpea206 and dirtypink324 aren't treated with the same vitriol that saintm501 was.

Does it have something to do with the penitent hystrionics, or is that they both sound relatively female in their tone and vernacular?
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:33 am

Probably something to do with the fact that they're not threatening anyone's family...
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down