Multiple Targets?

Go down

Multiple Targets?

Post  saintm501 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Hello,

I've only just discovered this forum, but myself and my team have been at this for quite a while. However we've recently hit a real spot of bother, so I'm grateful for finding a resource like this.

There's a club in our city that we've been staking out for a few weeks. There were a couple of bruises working the door so we figured, rightly, that this might be a fang hang out. One of the girls in my crew's a talker so she went in for a bit of a reccy and spotted a couple of the things moving around amongst the patrons. They didn't appear to be up to anything too untoward according to her, but as far as I'm concerned anything that drinks the blood of the living definatly doesn't belong on this earth. We've argued about this at length.

We've been gearing up to hit the place so it's been under constant observation. Our talker can do this trick whereby she can hide from the beasts so we had her on look out outside and inside the club on a fairly regular basis.

Last night though - last night it all went to shit.

T was watching the club when a van screamed up and eight wrongers jumped out and started wailing on the bruises at the door. They tore them apart in seconds. She also noticed another group of them - about another half dozen - waiting out of sight. The ones attacking the door then tore inside and presumably continued their onslaught. A few minutes later one of the fangs we'd been watching exited the front door but he was spotted by the waiting group and was taken down.

They bundled him into the back of the van and a few seconds later the first crew tore out and jumped into another van and screamed off. Our talker can do a trick where she can read the auras of creatures to find out what they are, but it draws attention to her and she didn't want to do that in this situation for obvious reasons.

That was last night and we're pretty uncertain what to do. The club's a crime scene so there's no chance of checking it out. However, we're more concerned with the fact that we've got about a dozen beings running around who seem quite capable of taking down a fang AND they seem organised.

There's six of us. Three of us are pretty handy in a fight and seem capable of pulling tricks to that effect. We've got a talker that I mentioned earlier and a couple of guys that seem more concerned about arguing what we're all about than concentrating about the fucking monsters in our midst.

We're within easy reach of another major city so one of our thinkers has gone and put some of the signs up in the hope that we make contact with another group. So, there is a possibility of help nearby.

Our access to firearms is limited and we're largely forced to make do with improvised alternatives which are effective enough, but the police around here take a really dim view of home made explosives and incendiary devices.

Does anyone have any tactical advice for dealing with a situation of this magnitude?

saintm501
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Multiple Targets?

Post  candid572 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:29 am

Nice of you to keep this resource to yourself Saintm! It's blatently apparent from your description of events and your tone who you are! Do you not think it would have served our group better if we all had access to this site and the information on it? When exactly were you planning on telling us about it, or were you going to do your usual and take someone elses ideas and pass them off as your own?

For you other people out there, sorry about that. I'm one of the "thinkers" that saintm talks about disparagingly in his note, and I bid you all hello. Needless to say I'm peeved that he decided not to bother informing the rest of us about this wonderful website!

His account of the situation is mostly right, although I'm slightly disapointed that his first response was to ask for a method of exterminating whatever it is that we're facing. Clearly, Saintm, you're not considering the fact that we don't even KNOW what we're facing - there's every chance that simply steaming in all guns blazing is not going to have any effect! Besides, the things that "T" saw seemed to be hunting vampires for fun. Call me Mr Buff-Old-Traditionalist, but those aren't things I want to get into a stand up fight with!

Yes, they appear to be violent - excessively so - but there's every chance that the creature they went after had agrieved them in some way. Having just had a brief browse through this site it's apparent that there aren't that man tales of vampires performing acts of charity...

I think it's important that we understand what we're facing and how we relate to it before making some arbitrary decision to wipe it out.

candid572
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:14 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Multiple Targets

Track them down. Kill them. Simple.

You have numbers as well. Skip the ego masturbation and deal with the problem by utilizing everything you have at your disposal. Use your "talkers" as bait, and put high-powered rifles in the hands of the smart-asses who would rather sit around talking about the killing than actually doing the killing. If they're too squeamish to get their hands dirty, the rifle will allow them a degree of separation.
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 am

Teamwork is essential, which means shelving the egos and stop fucking bickering. You'll need to have a secure base from where to operate from, and if you're at each other's throats that just ain't gonna happen. Once you're set up and secure see about doing some serious recon and finding out as much as you can about these things as possible. Do they always move in packs or is it possible to get some on their own?

Although the dip-shit hippies are going to tell you that you should explore all avenues before acting these fuckers that you describe tore up a nightclub full of normal people in a bid to get to one target! That shit's as fucked up as Crusader blowing up a Women's Health Clinic to get to a rot inside.

And I'll leave you all to make what you want of that last remark.
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  potter116 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:40 pm

saintm501 wrote: One of the girls in my crew's a talker so she went in for a bit of a reccy and spotted a couple of the things moving around amongst the patrons. They didn't appear to be up to anything too untoward according to her, but as far as I'm concerned anything that drinks the blood of the living definatly doesn't belong on this earth. We've argued about this at length.

Its possible that it is exactly what it appears and the afflicted that hang out at this club are not hurting anyone. Your friend went in and nothing happened to her. It's always better to give someone a chance before deciding that they are evil.

saintm501 wrote: T was watching the club when a van screamed up and eight wrongers jumped out and started wailing on the bruises at the door. They tore them apart in seconds. She also noticed another group of them - about another half dozen - waiting out of sight. The ones attacking the door then tore inside and presumably continued their onslaught. A few minutes later one of the fangs we'd been watching exited the front door but he was spotted by the waiting group and was taken down.

This seems to prove my point. Why would others attack them if they weren't good people? They may have been staying at the club for camaraderie. Poor things, can't go to normal places because of their disease and have to find a place of their own to remain safe. It breaks my heart to think of the prejudice that pervades our world.

saintm501 wrote: Does anyone have any tactical advice for dealing with a situation of this magnitude?

Sounds like these groups need a mediator. If you can find one of the new more violent group maybe you can set up a way to help them work out their differences without any more bloodshed.

potter116
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sweetpea206 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Listen to God and Cabbie: you need to work together on this one; no doubts, no questions, no differing ideas about how this is going to end. If you can't work together, it's time to cut your losses and reconfigure your group.

candid572 said:
I think it's important that we understand what we're facing

Yes, absolutely. There's at least 14 of them from what you're saying; that's nice odds for taking on a fang, but don't go assuming that makes the new guys a pushover. Regardless, you want to know what you're dealing with to know how to deal with it. You may have figured this out by now - it's been nearly a week - but if not, get your eyes peeled and get out there till you see them. If they're happy to cause that much mayhem to get to one fang, you've got to think there'll be some other high-profile activity.

Has anything hit the news? If they tore up the bruises at the door and painted at least one fang across the walls of the club, there should be something. Try finding out where the local cops have an evening drink, and buy a round. Better yet, if the club's re-opened get your talker back in there. Are the fangs or bruises still in evidence? Or have they been well and truly cleaned out? Failing that, haunt the neighbourhood - I doubt it'll be talking about anything else, and one of the locals or greasy spoons will be where the club staff go after hours to chill out. If the club's still shut and none of them are having freak-out no-wage pints in a familiar environment, you may at least scab some names/leads out of the bar/cafe staff.

potter116 said:
Why would others attack them if they weren't good people?

Sweety, I know you like to think the best of everyone, but put the rosy tints down and apply some logic rather than some big hippy loving on this one. The fact the talker could scope out the club does not mean that the fangs inside are bleeding heart vegetarians; it's quite possible she just wasn't spotted. They're not likely to munch on every punter that walks in the door, so if she kept a low profile (clever girl), there's no reason she wouldn't get in and out without any trouble.

It does raise the question of what the fuck is going on though. A big bunch of monsters riding into town can't be a good thing, and their approach doesn't sound like they're going to better neighbours than the nest of fangs they've cleaned out for you. For my money, you want to be as clear on what their agenda is as on what they are. So: surveillance and more surveillance. Catch one if you can, once you know what you're dealing with...

sweetpea206
New user
New user

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: