Quote of the Week

Go down

Quote of the Week

Post  iain on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Chaps (and chapettes),

Some of you suggested at the last game that I create a quotes thread on the website where you can post the quotes from the previous game that you thought were Frickin' Hil-aaaarious (TM). Well, I'm going to do that, but I'd also like to suggest a "quote of the week" for our online posters too, namely because when I've been chatting to some of you in a non Huntery way a couple of remarks have come up along the lines of "Did you see what so-and-so said on Hunter Net today? HILAROUS!" Obviously those weren't the exact words but you get the gist.

Anyway, that's the idea with this thread. Who said what in what thread that you found hilarious. There won't be prizes (we're in the middle of a recession dammit!) but if our NPCs know what you like then they'll strive to make more of them same. Won't you sig characters?

So, I'd like to open with this. I don't know why I found it so funny but I almost spat out my beer when I first read it and there's not much that can pry beer from a Scotsman's mouth short of shooting him in the jaw. This is Rigger's reply to Omega's request to have Potter banned from Hunter Net:

rigger111 wrote:Hey, I'm all for this. Dumb bitch is probably Copy-Pasta'ing the whole fucking site and showing it to every rot she comes across as an example of what happens if they're bad.
iain
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile http://www.hunter-net.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Quote of the Week

Post  cabbie22 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 am

I'm afraid there's no contest:

rigger111 wrote:Maybe if you had someone else rail against your animal parts for a night or two, you wouldn't be such a bitch.

Sorry Roe, but that was fucking funny!
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  anna on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 am

Much as I'd love to give a shout out to someone other than Rigger, he's on a roll at the moment:

Because it's the internetz. Where else can you be a whiny dramawhore and not have to worry about waking up in bed next to a guy named Phillipe who talks with a lisp and wears a paisley cravat?

anna
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iain on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 am

Quoting aside, I think in terms of simple good writing and entertainment God45 should get a mention for his "Dogma" post. Quite apart from the fact he managed to sound like a cold-blooded psychopath the tone was very, very much in keeping with God45's writing in the Hunter supplements.
iain
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 151

View user profile http://www.hunter-net.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  anna on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am

Hear hear. Nod to Crusader on that same note.

anna
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crumsey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:01 am

Rigger has brought us genius once again.

"And the only time I was ever in a church was when I needed to drop a load and it was the only place in twenty miles with a public bathroom."

Classy.

Crumsey
New user
New user

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 am

I have to agree - if I wasn't at work right now, I'd have giggled inanely for a few moments at rigger's comment!

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roe459 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:25 am

No need to apologise. I thought it was funny too, had some cracking comebacks that roe just wouldn't use unfortunately. Damn playing people who take themselves seriously!

Roe459
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down