Laws of the Reckoning *sniggers*

Go down

Laws of the Reckoning *sniggers*

Post  cabbie22 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:44 pm

WARNING: This posting may largely be fueled by red wine

Out of curisoity and because I play Vampire LARP I bought Laws of the Recknoing 'cos I fancied a look at what White Wolf had done with Hunter LARP wise.

If you don't have a copy of this you have to got it for one reason and one reason alone:

The freaks posing as models for each creed!

Seriously...I thought the pictures the used in Laws of the nIght were bad but these guys they take the fucking biscuit! What's wrong with just using artowrk like they do in the tabletop books? Why is that White Wolf think "Oh! I knoW! LARP! We'd best ditch the pretty pictures we use in all the other books and instead use black and white photos of geeks trying to look like vampires/mages/werewolves/whatever!"

For those of you that haven't seen them the Laws of the Night photos are pretty fucking bad - lots of geeks posing as vampires - but at least they looked like they had put a tiny bit of time and effort into them. These ones though... I mean - why the hell use gamers as models? Let's face it, geeks are, as a rule, not the most photogenic (with a few obvious exceptions - I'm hot as fuck for example and I'm sure everyone else reading this is too so we can be secure in our self righteousness). WHy use them? If they're doing this shit on the cheap at least ask the gamers they were going touse "Look, you don't happen to have any friends that don't look like they work with computers do you?" How hard would it have been?

Anyway, for you luck y folks that haven't seem these laugh-a-minute pictures here's White Wolf's run odwn on what the creeds look like:

AVENGERS: A hippopotagoth looking pissed off.
DEFENDERS: If this guy was defending Mothercare or his nursery school I could understand it but otherwise I reckon most monsters would probably just step over him on the way to whereever they were off to.
INNOCENTS: She's probably the "hot chick" in this gamer group. Not my type though.
MARTYRS: Hey look! It's Jesus in a White Wolf T-Shirt. He's got a lovely demi-wave.
REDEEMERS: Some kid with long hair and a torch. You knwo the type of hair. Long and lank and greasy. I want to hold the little fucker down and pour an entrie botle of conditioner in there.
VISIONARIES: Another goth chick - but she's got a perm! I have NEVER, EVER seen a goth with a perm. Take a long hard think about that and try not to laugh!
WAYWARDS: Reread the posts that God45 has posted on these forums. How do you imagine him? I'll take a stab i nthe dark - does he look like a foruteen year old in skater b0i trousers and a scream T-Shirt? Nope - thought not.
HERMITS: Another long haired type, but he's learned the lesson of the redeemer and has stuck it in a pony tail so I won't shout at him. He's got a torch too. And ripped jeans. The Messengers probably ripped them. Bastards.

The prize catch though is the JUDGE. He looks like a fucking fat, gay German preaching from the Bible!!! Imagine what that looks liek, look at this picture and i guarenteee it will look pretty fucking similar.

Right - thoguht I'd share.

Byeeeeeeeeeee!

Roz
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laws of the Reckoning *sniggers*

Post  rigger111 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 am

Now I gotta get my hands on both these books just for the lulz factor.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laws of the Reckoning *sniggers*

Post  potter116 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:03 pm

That was hilarious, you should post more after drinking wine lol

potter116
Touched