Update 26/02/09

Go down

Update 26/02/09

Post  omega89 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 am

The situation I face has altered subtly since my last update. Thankfully the police appear to have conducted nothing more than a token investigation into the creature's disappearence. This leaves me hopeful that it's corrupt master has not as yet managed to extend its influence into the sphere of law enforcement. While I am not foolish enough to assume that this means that I have a free reign to act as I please I am comforted by the fact that any investigation directed against my actions shall not be forced along by any unnatural impetus.

From my interogation of the captured creature I know that the sorcerer and its minions have very little contact - occasionally it will demand some form of service from him but its cultists are certainly not organised in a coven or anything such like. I have a name of the creature, but I suspect that this is an alias of some kind.

At present I have two more cultists under observation whilst I endeavour to track down the master. I shall post my updates here.
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update 26/02/09

Post  Penemue574 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Good luck. With any hope, the death of the leader will be enough of a shock to the cultists so that they will begin to pick their lives back up.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 am

I ain't never heard of a cult that don't meet, Robocop. This situation is starting to smell kind of funny.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm

That sure as hell doesn't sound like a warlock - what the hell would the point be of having a coven if you didn't use 'em? You sure they're not blood-fucks?
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Or they are just very indepentent, having gained the skills they needed and are laying low to perfect their witchery until they are given a new lession to learn.
Does that sound likey?

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: Good Point

Yeah, I agree that this sounds kind of messed up. There don't make no sense about this situation. Warlocks make these groups so they can feed off them on a regular basis, not so they got slaves to call on when they need their dry cleaning taken out or someone whacked.

Be careful man. This one is going sideways real damn fast.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Apt

Post  omega89 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:25 pm

traveler72 wrote:Be careful man. This one is going sideways real damn fast.

Your words were aptly prophetic Traveler. The situation faced by my group has indeed deteriorated. We managed to aquire another of the cultists and, sparing the details so as not to upset the hand-wringing brigade, from him extracted the location of his sorcerer master. It seems that the creature in question is manifesting as some kind of "life coach" - the sort of parasite that preys off the insecurities of the middle classes and convinces them that they just have to "go for it!" and everything they are lusting for will land at their feet.

It is easy to see how a manipulator of souls could hide in such an environment. Any foul boon it grants to its followers could easily be seen as merely the result of a "positive mental attitude". Given that the beast in question seems to be in the habit of preying on those that crave such base desires as a promotion at work his mask seems the perfect camoflage.

One of my colleagues wanted to take immediate action - his reasoning being that if we take the life of the sorcerer then the cult would fall apart. I urged caution for a direct approach is rarely sensible. After all, most police forces will not accept "It's ok - he was an evil warlock!" as an excuse when you are standing over someone's body with a bloody hatchet! I stressed to the group the importance of monitoring this creature, learning its routine, observing its habits and discovering when it is most vulnerable. When dealing with the monstrous it is essential to check, double check and triple check every detail, before checking once again just to be safe.

He didn't listen.

The fool went up against the creature on his own, unprepared. He marched straight into its office and attacked it. Three days later he turned up at our location. His eyes were glassy and wide and he clearly had not changed his clothes in the whole time he had been absent. The stench of death was upon him - leaking from the stigmata-like wounds that adorned his palms, forehead and side. Quite how he managed to reach us in that state is beyond me but I have a feeling that something else was keeping him alive, evidenced by the fact that he shortly expired upon meeting us, but not before uttering "I have gazed upon the infinite and been found wanting." Thankfully he was not tainted.

It was safe to assume that our location was compromised so I ordered it burnt to the ground. No doubt his remains will be found but I doubt the police will care. To warn away fellow imbued there are "corruption" and "danger "signs nearby.

We are elsewhere - another town - at the moment, but we are planning a return when we have a scheme that satisfies me. I refuse to bow to the requests of others who are letting themselves be ruled by thoughts of vengeance. Timing is essential here.

If there is any practical advice out there pertaining to my situation I would like to hear it.
omega89
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down