Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange sights

+3
rigger111
LadyV468
virtue442
7 posters

Go down

Strange sights Empty Strange sights

Post  virtue442 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:45 am

I seem to be seeing things and getting headaches every time I go to a certain place.
Does this mean I'm going mad or have I been 'imbueded' as you all keep saying?

Should I go back there and investigate or what?

I feel like I should do something, but am unsure as to what to do.

Any and all advice welcome.

Me.

virtue442
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Strange sights Empty Re: Strange sights

Post  LadyV468 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 am

I can't offer you much advice - I haven't seen anything more than two inches from my face for so long now I don't know what it's like - but you are not alone. I know that now. You found this place ok didn't you, as I did yesterday.

Do not feel powerless. There is already one feeling like that and that's me. But we all have problems here. I just wish I knew where my sister is, whether dead or alive; I just need to know.

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 am

> I seem to be seeing things and getting headaches every time I go to a certain place.
> Does this mean I'm going mad or have I been 'imbueded' as you all keep saying?

Or there could just be a natural gas or methane leak at the place you're going to? Maybe it's a contact high from some kind of poisonous chemical? Someone at the place is smoking crack and you're catching a whiff? Someone slipped something into your drink there?

I dunno. Maybe it's worth checking to see if there's a fucking NORMAL explanation first? Call the fucking EPA before you go calling GhostBusters Anonymous, for fuck's sake.

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 am

Virtue,

From what I gather you wouldn't have found this place if you hadn't been Imbued. I understand that being conscripted in such a way can be a shock to the system, to say the least - but it is important that you continue to go about your life in an ordinary fashion, and keep your eyes open.

Understand that anonnymety is your best defence. If the enemy can't see you, and doesn't know who you are then you'll live a lot longer.

I'd recommend getting into contact with other Imbued nearby before you carry out a more detailed recon of the area that you've noted gives you headaches. In all likelyhood, you'll notice that you now understand a number of strange symbols that hold some meaning to you - try placing one outside your window, your place of work, your car, or on your clothing.

Once you've teamed up with other conscripts, then go about looking at this location. I'd recommend the local newspapers, the local library will likely keep some old issues for you to look at. Try to do so descretely though, as I've said try to not give away what you know to the enemy.

I hope this helps. And welcome to the cause.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: Jumping to Conclusions

Okay, just HOLD IT, the lot of you.

I've been all over the place, and I've been doing this a Hell of a lot longer than most of you. And trust me when I tell you that for an Imbued to get the Touch over a place is almost completely unheard of. "Sour Ground" and bullshit like that is mostly Native American myth. It doesn't happen to us. We see what causes that "ground" to be sour, not just get funky feelings walking into places.

So as much as I fucking HATE to say it, do what Rigger says. Cover your ass and call your local fire department to go check for a chemical spill or something before you go poking your nose around again.

Jesus Jumping Jelly Bean, people need to get some God Damned PERSPECTIVE. Not every single thing that gives us the willies actually IS supernatural. Sure, we got senses most of the world don't. But one of the first things you pick up if you want to survive in The Mission is the habit of exhausting natural explanations before you go chasing off half-cocked assuming it's The Enemy.

This is why we tell greenhorns to watch and listen before they act. This is also why some of us 'Old Timers' like Hunter9, Builder50, Dictatrix11, Doctor119 and I try to warn most of you off these silly trips of trying to figure out where the Messengers came from or what's really going on. You just do NOT fucking know. And if you go getting all High and Mighty Hallelujah about what you think they are, then your gonna go off half-cocked and get yourself killed, because you delude yourself into thinking they're gonna protect you or that you're some righteous avenger who can't lose or some shit!

Okay... I've said my piece. Now I'll be productive.

I know of exactly ONE instance of "special places" on this list: Hannibal137. If he's still around, he'll tell you his story. If not, then it means he finally lost his private war and he's DEAD. Either way, here's the deal: Understand that Hannibal is dealing with a warlock who's real damn powerful, both politcally and spell-wise. This warlock's got a hard-on for the property Hannibal owns because it says the place is special in some way. So if you ARE dealing with a place like that, then you're in for a HELL of a fight. Make damn certain you're dealing with a special place before you start. If you're lucky, it's just an underground natural gas pipe or pocket that's causing poisonous gas to leech to the surface. If not... well... it's going to be bad.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Subject: re: Strange Sights

> Should I go back there and investigate or what?

Nobody actually answered your question, Virtue, so I'll try as best I can in a less vehement fashion.

Yes, you should definitely investigate if you feel that this has some supernatural overtone. By this, I mean- if you heard The Voice of the Herald, or if you actually felt something similar to what we refer to as The Second Sight while present on-site at this locale.

If you only got an "eerie feeling" or a sensation that something isn't right about the place, then I suggest that you follow the other advice given and contact your local Fire Department and/or Envirnmental Protection Agency representative and have them investigate any possible natural causes of the odd sensations or hallucinations you experienced.

However, if said representatives do find a natural explanation, follow up with an investigation of your own when it seems safe to do so. If said explanation involves radiation or poisonous gases, you can rent a geiger counter and check for yourself or you can get a chemical "sniffer" from any major hardware chain that is effective at finding gross contamination. A carbon monoxide meter will have a similar application.

In the interest of covering all possible angles, I suggest that when you do return to the site, be certaint hat you are concentrating on using the Second Sight. You may see something others cannot.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Subject: re: Jumping to Conclusions

> From what I gather you wouldn't have found this place if you hadn't been Imbued.

I am sorry, but this is incorrect. In the past, Hunter-net has indeed been found by non-Imbued. Further, there are those who's eyes had been opened, but for some reason or another do not possess the powers we do that sometimes gain access to the website. We tend to call them "Bystanders" (and less charitably as "pylons" or "duds"). Many of them try to help us in the Mission and even a few are active posters here, although none have admitted openly to their status.

Witness1 believes that this new iteration of Hunter-net is secure, but we have also had Afflicted infiltrate the site in the past as well. So please do not make the assumption that we are completely safe, even here. This is why we have a "No Information" policy that includes never posting your own or another Imbued's personal data on the site.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  crusader17 Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 pm

virtue442 wrote:I seem to be seeing things and getting headaches every time I go to a certain place.

What have you seen?
crusader17
crusader17
Touched
Touched

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  virtue442 Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 am

I saw a girl turn to liquid and then grasses
I heard a voice say 'Sorrow Imprisons'

I think that this is not caused by a natural reason, because there would be more stuff in the papers and people would be talking about it - wouldn't they?

Thanks for all the advice - I may head back there and - after doing some reading in the library first - see what I can see.

Virtue

virtue442
New user
New user

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am

Subject: re: Strange Sights

> I think that this is not caused by a natural reason, because there would be more stuff in the papers and
> people would be talking about it - wouldn't they?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. There are cases of special sensitivity to things like EMF (Electro-Magnetic Fields) or certain gasses in which people suffer hallucinations, paranoia or physical illness when exposed, while many others in the same area are completely unaffected.

However, in this case, I'm leaning towards the supernatural explanation. The nature of your vision might indicate that there could be a body at the spot you saw, and that there is a spook looking to be freed. That's just a guess though. YOu'll have to do more investigating before you can take my theory at any value.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: