Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules For New Posters

5 posters

Go down

Rules For New Posters Empty Rules For New Posters

Post  iain Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 pm

This should all be a given for vets, but for newer characters here are a few rules:

1. Posting as a monster.
You may never, ever, ever post as a monster. Ever. And ever again just for good measure. On the very rare occasions that a monster has got onto Hunter Net it was because the Messengers allowed it. Anna and I are the Messengers. Guess what your chances are of playing UberFangz666?

2. "Listen son, I've been doing this for years..."
No, you probably haven't. Imbuings as a rule only really began in 1998. No Hunter will have been hunting for longer than that. Why? Because the Messengers pick normal people with no prior experience of the supernatural. So, if you come from a long line of people who, by the time they're thirteen can whittle a stake from any given piece of wood, chances are you've not been imbued.

3. Argh! Gehenna/the Apocalypse/<insert favourite gameline's pivotal end of the world event> is upon us!
Put it back in the box please. This is a collective experience. Unless everyone agrees on it the world is staying intact.

4. Shit! London just blew up! Los Angeles is on fire! Moscow has been flooded!
See the previous rule - Hunter is a game about normal people facing the supernatural. It's not about huge battles, fire from Heaven and the wrath of God (sorry Crusader!). Given how much influence the monsters wield over the mortal realm, anything crazy that the imbued come up with will probably be covered up. Just take a look at Hunter canon and poor old Jared Shoemaker...

5. Bang! You're dead!
For those of you not directly involved in the LARP, the storytelling aspect of the boards is a collective experience. That means if you want to interact with another character "offline" you have to have their permission. You can't just post and say "Yeah - I met that God45 pussy and handed him his arse! You won't be hearing from him for a while!" So play nice!

6. Yeah, I was chatting with these Brujah guys and they told me where the local Garou hang out. I'm going to talk to my friends in the Euthanatos and we're going to frag those fleabags!
Ditch the bumper White Wolf lexicon! Hunters are most certainly not going to learn ANY of those terms. They will deal with supernaturals on an individual, rather than a collective basis.

I'm sure I'll add more!

Last edited by iain on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
iain
iain
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.hunter-net.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Rules For New Posters Empty Re: Rules For New Posters

Post  god45 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Okay, if you've decided you're allowing free-floating Forum posters in, I feel obligated to add this >:)

2. "Listen son, I've been doing this for years..."
No, you probably haven't. Imbuings as a rule only really began in 1998.

HAI!

Just to ram this one home-

I am writing posts for the LARP as the oldest living member of the Imbued community, having been Imbued in mid 1997. You cannot get earlier than me, and you will not have pursued the Hunt longer or to a greater extent. If I call Bullshit on one of your posts in-character, then you man the fuck up and admit In-character that you're lying. Yes, I am a Canon Sig character. I did my homework and I have site/game Admin permission to do so. It serves a purpose, and I am very happy to provide this service to the LARP'ers as long as they wish for me to provide it.

You can't just post and say "Yeah - I met that God45 pussy and handed him his arse! You won't be hearing from him for a while!" So play nice!

Yeah... I won't take kindly to being called a pussy online by some pylon who clearly doesn't know the first rule of the Hunt: "Don't shit where you eat." Get the point?

Iain? Why did you have to use God as your example? >.<
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  anna Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 am

Iain? Why did you have to use God as your example? >.<

Because he knew you'd bite?

And because you're right - nobody on hunter-net knows more about the Hunt than God45. He has to be the example.

anna
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post  iain Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:56 am

god45 wrote:Okay, if you've decided you're allowing free-floating Forum posters in, I feel obligated to add this >:)

Not free floating as such. I've invited some people to post as non-canon NPCs. Some of them are unfamiliar with Hunter and although I've mailed them a tedious and lengthy doc, some more rules never hurt. But to answer your question, no - it's not a "Come-one-come-all" forum.

god45 wrote:Iain? Why did you have to use God as your example? >.<

Because I knew you'd back me to the hilt *grins*
iain
iain
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 am

I'm that predictable, huh? Dammit. >.<
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  iain Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:57 am

god45 wrote:I'm that predictable, huh?

I prefer the term "dedicated".
iain
iain
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Slightly off topic but does anyone else out there feel a bit nervous that 'Iain is on the same wavelength as God'.

: s

Alice
New user
New user

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  iain Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:42 pm

If only she knew, eh Josh?
iain
iain