Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel it?

+8
bookworm55
Penemue574
sweetpea206
potter116
digger481
rigger111
cabbie22
lotus19
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you feel it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you feel it?

Post  Penemue574 Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:52 am

The reason for the crossbow is simple: I made it myself.
I am unemployed: I have a lot of time to spare and craft has always been something I found comforting. Trust me, it works. It can punch though a car door with a 12-inch hooked bolt, higjer range then the shotgun and with any luck, will not kill outright, allowing any other hunters I find to worm information from it.
Also I have no need of gun registery or buying ammo. It leaves no paper trail and would be hard to trace.

Plus it is silent. Should I fail I can avoid detection.

I have no argument with the shotgun method but I doubt I could deal with the rigours of such an assault. The effort would most likey have me coughing blood into some tissues after a few minutes.

I have a plan. I need a target, though I feel I am getting a little closer. I'll have to update my thread with the latest report.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:17 pm

You've made it yourself? What the fuck sort of person were you pre-call that you've felt the need to build a no-shitting armour piercing crossbow? And why are you so sure it's going to work?
cabbie22
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:30 pm

As I said: I was unemployed, living off heath benifits.
When your near enough housebound you take up hobbies.
I have always had a strange delight in craft and engineering, the crossbow was something I made when I was about 13-14 because I thought it would be a cool idea. I had a fixation with the Norman period for a few years. Was just sitting there for years under a makeshift train set and other odd creations.

When I started posting I saw that I was not alone in the fight and decided to give it a tune-up. Replace the old elastic drawstring with proper wire and replace the wood bars with durable steel, make a good clockwork crank to help pull it back. It took a good few days, though it was a welcome break from internet trawling.

One thing that does please me is I managed to model the bolt points to cruciform points, which apparntly look very much like bullet wounds afterwards, should the bolt tear though.

I'm not sure how else to account for this claim to weapon without giving away clues to my location.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:32 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Concerning Weapons

CO2 cartridges, copper tubing, PVC piping and a grinding wheel. See what you can do with those, Penemue. Please post your ideas and prototype experiments here.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 am

I think you are mistaking a woodworking and craft hobby project with some kind of talent for weaponsmithing!
Making a crossbow is easy, hell, my dad made me one when I was 6 that shot little sucker darts with some elestic bands and a clothespeg release. All I did was spend a little more time on it and use more durable materials.

I mean, i can see the CO2, if given a triggerable release valve would make large force behind it, or at least enough to project a small dart, and the tubing would be a way of focusing said release but I really have nothing to do what that sort of stuff.

You want a weapon? Go on youtube and look up "supersoaker flamethrower".

Sorry, I am no weaponsmith, just a bored man with a love of medieval history.

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Back to top Go down

Post  hannibal137 Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 am

God45 - "CO2 cartridges, copper tubing, PVC piping and a grinding wheel. See what you can do with those, Penemue. Please post your ideas and prototype experiments here."

Many nifty ideas with that list. Made me think of them Paintball guns. They shoot an average of 300 FPS, have a decent range and accuracy, and can come in full or semi-automatic. Take a hypodermic needle insert though paintball suck out the paint and refill with an accelerant, use candle wax to plug the hole(s). Not as good as a Molly but better range, I just need to work out a way to get the fire down range to light it up.

I will work with that list you wrote up God but I think our methods of use might be different, but then again what I use for defense you could use as a trap.

hannibal137
New user
New user

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  god45 Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:34 am

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: Concerning Weapons

If you have the intelligence and knowledge to create a home-made crossbow, then you have the skills necessary to become a weaponsmith. Adaptability and secrecy are two of the watch words for the Hunt. The two most important ones, in fact. Think in parallel lines, and provide for yourself an edge to compensate for your physical infirmities.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  cabbie22 Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 am

Penemue, any update?
cabbie22
cabbie22
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum