Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I shouldn't laugh, but...

4 posters

Go down

I shouldn't laugh, but... Empty I shouldn't laugh, but...

Post  LadyV468 Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:01 am

...I just can't help myself! Ahem; I'll start at the beginning methinks.

Sorry I didn't provide that 'word for word' account for you - patience has never been my strong point. After beating my brother with a rat on a stick and threatening to unleash the dogs of war, he told me everything.

I extrapolated details from his testomony I admit, but they seemed to fit with the stuff we've been researching. I couldn't wait any longer: I confronted the bastard again.

Just got back from the hospital actually...my brother's jaw was broken in the fight. Got to bury one of the dogs too, before it starts to rot. "How are these two things related?" I hear you ask. Three words: low flying chihuahua.

I mean, this rat of a dog has hated me from day 1, and the day it decides to show its loyality to me, it gets booted 100 yards and dies impacting my brother's face! It shouldn't be funny, but I can't stop giggling! Don't even ask how we managed to explain what had happened to the physician... The craziest thing is, I was in front of him. I even felt the dog brush past my head! I don't know if this creature intended to miss me, or if I was just incredibly lucky, but it didn't try it again...the German Shephard made sure of that.

Quick question: are possessors normally afraid of dogs?

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

I shouldn't laugh, but... Empty Re: I shouldn't laugh, but...

Post  god45 Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: re: I Shouldn't...

Only if the being was afraid of them when it was alive. Possessors are gh_sts. They maintain some semblance of their original human psychology.
god45
god45
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm55 Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:07 pm

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: I Shouldn't Laugh, But...

There have been some reports, especially from sources like hannibal137 and violin99, that many monsters are indeed fearful of animals. Many seem to shy away from them as it would seem dogs and cats can detect a rot or spirit, and most seem either afraid of or extremely belligerent around flickers and goblins. I have yet to observe behavior of this sort directly, as my domicile does not permit pets and it would be difficult for me to care for any animal larger than a hamster given my circumstances and schedule. The lore and literature is extensive though, and this does lend creedance to the possibility that pets can be helpful in the hunt. I would tend to lean towards the theory that any fear a supernatural shows towards an animal is either a last vestige of humanity within it, or just the fear of discovery.
bookworm55
bookworm55
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Penemue574 Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah it is common that monsters are scared of animals.
But then, if you have a German Shepherd, most humans would be scared of it!
Still it is a rather surreal event!

Penemue574
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyV468 Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:48 am

Right...it seems that this one is just afraid of dogs - the cat I managed to find didn't have the same effect...well, bar the booting and the dying...and the mess... I never knew entrails from something so small could spread so far, but i was wrong...again... Thankfully, Old Faithful Pooch kept him at bay...which is more than good, considering I was alone otherwise.

I still have absolutely no idea how to get rid of him though. Any ideas? I am pretty sure it is a kind of possessor - the other signs I've had point towards it - but most of the stuff we've been looking at only deal with the recognition of such creatures, not the dealing with...

LadyV468
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum