Hunter Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posessors

4 posters

Go down

Posessors Empty Posessors

Post  Buck413 Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:45 am

Looking through the archives, I've found mention of "g_o_ts" that have the ability to posess civillians.

In my town, we have come across a man who I have mentioned before - who seemed to have the "fist" of a dark shape rammed through the back of his skull, working him like a puppet. Since this happened, one of our number has tracked this guy down - he's since been arrested and put into a mental hospital. Weird thing is that he doesn't look wrong anymore.

Now, another member of our group has seen a large black shape that fits the same description "feeding" off of another civilian. I'm hoping that we have two sightings of the same target, otherwise there are two in our location.

My question is simple enough: is it possible to kill a posessor in the same way as it is to kill any other g_ost?

Also, does anyone know what happens to civillians who have been posessed? Do they return to normal life without any memory of what happened, or do they remain in the service of the enemy after the obvious signs of posession have faded?

Buck.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Posessors Empty Re: Posessors

Post  soldier91 Mon May 18, 2009 3:35 pm

to: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
subject: Posessors

I have only come across one possessor. The person in question did not remember what had happened, but was aware that they had lost time. I do not know if this is always the case.

The one I was in contact with seemed to be a joy rider. A lot less harmful then it appears the one you have seen, but still the person that they were using was beginning to doubt their sanity. I wish I could tell you that I destroyed it, but I didn't. It caught wind that I was noticing its behavior and stopped before I had enough information to try and put it to rest. I stuck around for a few weeks, and stop by randomly to see if it comes back, but so far I have not seen it. I would assume that the same tactics would work, and am very interested in what you find out.
soldier91
soldier91
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rigger111 Fri May 22, 2009 2:45 am

Depends on the person. Some end up remembering, and the chuckleheads actually LIKE it. Others, they go shithouse rat crazy. Some never knew what happened, just lost time. And some commit suicide. You ain't going to know for certain what you got on your hands until the rider is history.

As for killing one? heh. Yeah, you can blow their anchors. Just don't use the 'suppression fire' trick of volleying small-arms rounds into them to keep them at bay, because these scumfucks have a meatshield. You shoot, you kill the host. And it ain't gonna mean fuck all to the rider if you do kill their host. So don't kill the host. You got nothing to gain and a whole shitload to lose by leaving a dead body behind.

Oh... and that whole insert the underscore thing? That's one of God's tricks to keep search engines from finding our archives. You replace ALL the VOWELS in the monster's name. Miss one, and a good engine like Gooogle will replace the missing letter and still pick up the archive file. Personally, I think it's bullshit. But if you wanna do it, make sure you do it "right", huh?

rigger111
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck413 Fri May 22, 2009 8:56 am

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if I find anything out, Soldier.

Buck413
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  traveler72 Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 am

To: hunter.list@hunter-net.org
Subject: re: Possessors

Alot of times, it doesn't matter. The thing inside a possessed person eats that person. They leave nothing but a dried out husk that's barely alive. In most cases, the poor bastard is catatonic and stays that way for good. Like their mind got erased or something.

The thing is, the Possessor can use the host as a meatshield, but we can also use tricks to fuck them over. Talkers especially, since the ghost inside can't use that spooky selective hearing and memory shit that they do in order to ignore a Talker. Talkers have alot of Edges that fuck with Possessors on a lot of levels, from "The Question" (Potter calls it "Insinuate") to an Edge I only saw once that the guy called "Respire". I don't know why... he just did. It looked to me like he just breathed in, and the ghost ran like Hell while pieces of itself tore off it and got swallowed by the guy, leaving the kid it had possessed. I've also seen the turtlers who have the Shield Edge (Blowback is what Rigger calls it. Also seen it called Ward.) PULL people into the forcefield and had the ghost stay on the outside. And I've seen one guy who has this weird-ass death fog he can puke up that sent a possessor packing without even making the host blink. Shit touched me int he process, and it was fucking COLD, so I can see why the ghost tried to run on that one. When the fog touched it, the fucker started to melt like the fog was acid.

Sometimes, when you use an Edge, you can save the victim from being turned into a husk. Not always though. Either way, it's real fucking rare to find a possessed person who "stays in the service of the enemy". You're gonna find that most of them who end up saved consider it a violation alot like being raped. And in alot of cases, when you save their ass, you just made a very valuable and very pissed off friend with absolutely NO love for monsters and a whole lot of piss and vinegar looking for payback.

traveler72
Gifted
Gifted

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum